17

Neville normally loved parties, sure the music was loud and half the time the song choices were crap, the smell was dead awful, and the drunken teens were annoying. He didn't care about all of that though.

None of it mattered because when he was at a party with his mates, he felt like he was a part of something. Gryffindor was like one big happy family, a dysfunctional family, but a family all the same. Neville didn't have a lot of that going around, so he soaked it all in every chance he got.

"You okay mate?" Seamus asked as he handed Neville a cup of a mystery alcohol. Neville shook his head, pushing the cup back towards Seamus.
Dean grabbed the cup from both of them, throwing his head back and downing it in one go.

"What's with you two? Someone's owl die or something?" Seamus chuckled, trying to ease the tension.

Dean nor Neville cracked a smile though.
"Are you going to be like this all night?" Seamus asked.

"Yep."

"Probably."

"Okay well, I'm going to go... anywhere but here." Seamus duly noted before getting up from the couch and walking towards Ginny and Luna to chat.

"Magnolia hasn't spoken to you?" Dean asked.

"No. I went to Hufflepuff commons 3 times and asked her dorm mates where she was all day." Neville sighed.
"You?"

"I sent Zach a few owls but he didn't reply." Dean replied.

Just then Seamus came running back towards them.
"Albero! Albero!"

"Seamus, breathe. What's going on?" Dean asked, trying to calm Seamus so that he could understand him better.

Seamus pointed towards the portrait door at Zach and Magnolia entering the party.
"Albero is here."

"And Zach?" Dean questioned.

"Yeah, him too." Seamus added, not too cheerfully.

Neville was excited that Magnolia still showed up but also nervous about if things would be awkward or not. He wasn't sure if she'd still be mad at him or even want to talk about what had happened. Millions of thoughts ran through his head yet one thing stuck out more than the others.

Magnolia Albero looked breathtaking tonight.

Quite literally, Neville almost forgot to breath for a moment. Seamus had to slap his back to start him back up again. Neville coughed due to the force and the new air now filling his lungs.

Her outfit wasn't too out there and it wasn't boring either. It suited her perfectly. Her hair was pulled away from her face showing off her sparkling eyes and her glowing smile. Neville had never felt this emotion before and he was attempting to figure out what it meant.

His hands were clammy and his mouth felt dry, eyes locked on Magnolia as if she'd disappear the second he looked away. Dean nudged his shoulder, shaking him from his deep thoughts and worries.

The Gryffindor made his way over to the Hufflepuff. He quickly wiped his sweaty hands on his shirt in nervousness. He still wasn't sure why he felt this way. It wasn't a bad feeling but it also made him anxious.

"Hi Lia." He said as he sent her a small wave.

"Hi Neville." She replied, a shy smile on her pink lips.

Her lips.

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Don't go too crazy tonight." Zach joked as he walked away from the pair.

"Piss off." Magnolia laughed.

Zach turned around one more time just to flip her off, earning another giggle from Magnolia.

"You two seem to have worked it out." Neville noted, nodding his head towards where Zach disappeared to.

Magnolia nodded, her lips forming a straight line. An awkward silence rolling over them.

"So I wanted—"

"Neville I —"

The two locked eyes, then began to laugh softly at the fact that they had spoken at the same time. Neville motioned his hand towards her, offering her to speak first.

"I just, I just wanted to say I'm sorry for getting mad you didn't tell me about the pub. It wasn't that big of a deal. I dunno why it bothered me so much. Maybe because at one point, everyone's lives were a secret to me. Then I met you and suddenly I was a part of something, and then I was left out again. I know that probably sounds mad—"

"No no, it makes sense." Neville noted, waving his hands in defense.
"You don't have to worry about me having secrets either. I don't have any."

Magnolia cocked a brow up at him. She wasn't sure what to make of the statement, in all honesty, it sounded like a red flag.
"Everyone has secrets Neville, that's just silly."

Neville laughed, he did his nervous tick of running his fingers through his hair. This caused Magnolias heart to beat a little louder and her cheeks to warm just at the sight of him.

His hair.

"No really, I can't keep secrets, shit at it actually. I also have no self control when it comes to saying what's on my mind." He chuckled.

Magnolia couldn't deny it. His explanation was perfectly charming and it drove her mad. Then he stepped forward, taking her hands in his. She felt as if her chest was about to explode.

"I wanted to say sorry also, even though keeping that secret from you drove me completely insane. I shouldn't have done it, and I will not do it again." Neville explained.

Magnolia couldn't help it any longer, she leaned up towards him like a magnet.

Neville took the opportunity swiftly, not wasting any time pressing his lips against hers.

Oh. Her lips.

Magnolia melted into the kiss, their lips dancing together while butterflies swarmed her stomach. Her hands tangled in his fluffy brown hair.

Oh. His hair.

Neville pulled her closer with one hand on her hip and the over on her cheek, his thumb gently rubbing the skin under her eye. By the time they broke apart, they were breathless. Foreheads pressed together and bright smiles on their faces.

"Lia?"

"Yeah?"

"Will you—"