18

"Will you—"

"Magnolia, come quick!" Dean exclaimed, pulling at her arm frantically. "Sorry mate, this is serious." He added as he waved an apologetic hand towards Neville.

"What is it? What's wrong?" Magnolia questioned nervously, allowing Dean to drag her along with him towards the exit. Neville was trailing behind, confusion written on his face while he tried to keep up with Dean.

Magnolia didn't get to ask anything again as the sound of Zach screaming out at someone bounced off the hallway walls. Dean pushed a small crowd aside to reveal a scene no one could have ever predicted.

"You punk ass Slytherin, I'll fucking kill you!" Zach yelled out at Draco Malfoy. Seamus Finnigan was holding Zach back from throwing a fist at Malfoy.

"Zach, I swear, I didn't know it was Veritaserum. You have to believe me." Michael Corner pleaded at Zach.

Magnolia felt more confused than ever, but what Draco said next changed everything.

"Cmon, we just wanted secrets. We didn't mean to out him." Malfoy chuckled with his friends. Though they did seem awfully tense the more eyes that were on them.

Magnolia rushed over towards Zach, Neville tried grabbing her arm and stopping her but she slipped away quickly. She stood between Zach and Michael, as she noticed he was greatly agitating him further.

"Seamus let go of him." Neville noted as he came up beside Finnigan.

"Yeah get your Grubby hands off me." Zach huffed as he pulled out of the Gryffindor's grip.

"I'm only trying to help mate." Seamus exclaimed.

"You've helped enough lover boy." Zach stated, he quickly covered his mouth. Magnolia noticed he was still under the effects of the potion at this very moment so she pulled her wand out and spoke, "Silencio" as she waved it over Zach's mouth. This silenced him and thankfully stopped any more slip ups.

"What was that about Seamus 'Boom' Finnigan?" Draco joked.

"Hey mate, watch it." Neville stated.

This surprised Draco for a moment. But only a moment.
"Longbottom, that is you? I'm sorry I thought this was the last hurrah before our parents visit for family day?" The blonde chuckled.

Neville was taken back for a moment. Magnolia saw him visibly stiffen. She could tell he was crushed by the comment. The Hufflepuff witch took his hand in hers in hopes of relieving some of that pain but mostly to calm her own self down.

But she couldn't hold her tongue.

"Malfoy."

Draco crossed his arms, his face looked intrigued, almost as if he was excited about what she might have to say. Before this moment, she never said anything to him, he'd torture her and she'd never say a word.

"What's that ya nut case?" He taunted.

"You shouldn't project your ill feelings towards your own father onto other people Malfoy, no one is impressed." She stated bluntly.

Draco's expression fell.

A collective chuckle came from the people watching and even Draco's Slytherin mates. Draco glared at them and then back towards Magnolia.
"You'll regret that little statement you Hufflepuff slag." Draco huffed before stalking away quickly. He was obviously embarrassed but he hoped it didn't show.

"Incantamen vicissim" Magnolia said as she waved her wand over Zach's lips once more.

"Thanks." Zach sighed.

"Of course." Magnolia said softly as she pulled him into a hug. One that he fell into heavily. She rubbed circles on his back to soothe him as she noticed Dean shoo the small crowd that had formed away from them.

"Zach.." Michael Corner's voice was just louder than a whisper, as he approached them like Zach was some wild animal that might leap away.

"Mikey, I don't want to hear it right now." Zach huffed, as he put a hand towards Michael to stop him from coming any closer.

"Mikey?" Dean questioned outloud.

"Mikey?" Magnolia also noted, a small smile tugging at her lips. "You two made up?" She asked as she looked between the two of them.

Michael let a smirk loose as he tilted his head and nodded.
"Sorta."

"For a split second before I noticed you had poisoned me!" Zach yelled, pointing his finger at Michael. "You outed me! Again!"

"I swear Zach, I thought it was a love potion!" Michael exclaimed.

"How is that better!?!" Zach yelled.

"Okay let's all calm down alright?" Dean stated calmly, standing in the middle of all of them, waving his hands up and down slowly almost as if to help everyone breathe easier.

And it did calm them slightly, until Zach started up again. Magnolia was certain the potion had worn off by now. This is just Zach being himself at this point. It was a long time coming too, he was quiet for far too long, she thought to herself.

"And you, stop acting like you have it all figured out. You don't. You are just as loony as the rest of us." Zach shouted.

Dean chuckled nervously. Looking at Zach with an uncertain demeanor. Zach approached him, facing him with only inches separating him. Smith was flushed red at this point. He pointed his finger at Seamus without breaking eye contact with Dean.

"Him, you let him get in between us." Zach announced.

Dean felt a chill run up his spine at the comment. He no longer had the ability to meet the Hufflepuff boy's eyes.
"What are you talking about?" He asked nervously.

"What does he mean by, let me?" Seamus asked.

Dean laughed quietly, uncharacteristically. His eyes bouncing around.
"Seamus hasn't been getting in the way, you are paranoid." Dean lied.

Magnolia, Michael, and Neville watched the situation play out. All three in shock of what chaos was unfolding.

"I have been." Seamus admitted proudly, everyone's heads snapped towards him. "What did Zach mean by, you letting me get between you two?" He asked again, not looking away from Dean.

"Cmon Dean, admit you liked it." Zach hissed.

Dean sighed out loud, then looked towards Seamus with apologetic eyes.
"I did, I liked it." He admitted.

Seamus shifted his weight around. Uncertain on how to reply. On one hand he was ecstatic at the news but on the other, he was upset Dean let this go on so long.
"You knew I fancied you? And you just let this torture me this whole time.... Because you liked the attention?"

Everyone collectively held their breath at the comment. Dean stood blinking back at Seamus, a shocked expression on his face.
"You- you fancy me?" He questioned.

"Of course I do you tosser!" Seamus yelled before running back into the Gryffindor common room, disappearing into the crowd.

Dean was left breathless. He never thought his best mate could ever fancy him back. He honestly thought Seamus was just jealous Zach was taking up his time. It never crossed his mind that Seamus was jealous of Zach specifically. Dean took one last breath before running after him.

"Well that's enough for tonight." Michael announced to the 4 silent people still left in the hallway. "Cmon." He mumbled to Zach as he ushered him away.

"I can walk you back Zach-"

"It's okay, I've got him." Michael admitted. Wanting nothing more to prove to Zach that he was worthy of being his friend again.

"Are you sure?" Magnolia asked, looking at both Zach and Michael as she asked the question. Zach nodded gently to reassure her he was fine. You couldn't blame her, Corner had just broken his nose just the other day, but she had to admit he seemed different in this moment in time.

"I owe you guys anyway..." Michael spoke as he walked towards Hufflepuff with Zach beside him.