I'm Santa?!

After landing I look around.

"Does this look like home to you?!" Dad asks furiously.

"This is their home dad!" Charlie says, looking around in awe.

A kid with pointed ears walks out from the woods. He opens up the side of a pole and inputs a number. The ground begins to shake as we descend into the ground.

"What the fu—dge" I stop myself.

We fully descend into what looks like a toy factory. Kids with pointed ears stop what they are doing and stare at us. Some point and some gasp.

"Where are all the grown ups?" Dad asks to no one.

"This is so cool!" Charlie says, his eyes gleaming.

"You two stay here! I'll figure out where we are and what's going on." I say climbing out of the sleigh.

I spot the closest kid and call out to them.

"Hey! Who's in charge here?" I ask walking up to them.

"You are." The girl answers.

"No, who gives the orders? Who's your boss?" I clarify.

"You are." She glares.

"Who's the head elf, then?" I ask, hands on my hips.

"I told you! You are!" She glares daggers at me.

A boy around my age comes up and crosses his arms.

"Hey! Who's causin' all the trouble around here?" He directs to the girl.

"They are." She points at me.

"I was just asking—" I start until the boy cuts me off.

"Are we on a coffee break?"

"We don't drink coffee." The girl answers.

"Well then I guess the break is over! Back to work! Thanks!" He says, hands on his hips.

"Hey take it easy on her, will you?" I huff.

"I'm Bernard. Nice to meet you San- you're not Santa." He stops, looking me over once, confused.

"Of course I'm not, Santa's not real so I couldn't be him." I raise a brow at him.

"The guy with you must be the new Santa then." Bernard crosses his arms.

"I'm not santa either!" I hear dad argue.

"I thought I told you to stay with Charlie. I have this under control." I say with an even temper.

"Whoever put on the suit first is santa, that must be you." Bernard points to dad.

"I didn't touch that suit!" Dad defends.

"So you are Santa?" Bernard questions me.

"No!" I sputter.

"The other Santa disappeared, right?" He starts walking away.

" Wait a minute. Hey, I know where this is goin'. It wasn't my fault. The other guy fell. It was an accident. I've got homeowner's insurance and a good attorney. Not as good as my wife's, but let's not open up that wound. Hold it a minute. Wh-Whoa, whoa, whoa. How did you know the other guy was gone?" Dad follows after him.