27. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part I)

Season Two

INT. KING'S PALACE – UNDERGROUND – NIGHT

Men were digging, causing a ruckus throughout the castle.

A hole appeared, revealing a room, and the men began working on getting in.

INT. KING'S PALACE – ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS – NIGHT

Arthur woke to the sound of the men digging below and stood.

"Merlin. Merlin!" Arthur called.

"Yes, Sire?" Merlin said, entering the room.

"Are you deaf?"

"I wish."

"I want you to go down there and tell them to stop."

"But they're working under the King's orders."

"Yes, and you're working under mine."

Merlin left the room.

INT. KING'S PALACE – CORNELIUS SIGAN'S TOMB – NIGHT

The tomb was opened and the men gathered around the coffin. One man noticed a blue glowing heart and went to grab it, but stepped on a trap.

An arrow let loose and pierced him, killing him.

The other men stepped back in terror and ran away, screaming.

Merlin and Colette entered the tunnels just as the men ran away and Merlin grabbed a torch.

He and Colette, after a moment of looking around, entered Sigan's tomb and stared at the gem. As they did so, they heard whispering.

"Hello?" Merlin and Colette questioned as they slowly walked up.

Merlin bumped into something and noticed a man kneeling at the end of the coffin and placed a hand on his shoulder.

When he did so, then man fell onto his back. His face was ashy grey and his eyes red.

Colette screamed and faced her brother who pulled her into his arms.

INT. KING'S PALACE – CORNELIUS SIGAN'S TOMB – NIGHT

Gaius had since joined and Merlin and Colette, the former of whom was kneeling, and asked, "How do you think he died? Gaius?"

"Hmm?" Gaius hummed.

Merlin stood. "Do you know whose tomb it is?"

"Not sure."

"Do you think it might be cursed?" Colette inquired as she stood next to her brother.

Gaius began moving around and stepped on a trap. A stone bird shot a dart at Gaius. Merlin and Colette used magic to put a plate between the dart and Gaius.

"You two just saved my life. Thank you."

Merlin and Colette heard Uther and dropped the plate. It rolled towards Uther's feet.

"...guarded at all times," Uther finished, saying to Merlin and Colette, "idiots."

"Were you two born clumsy or do you work at it?" Arthur asked.

"It's just one of our many gifts," Merlin answered.

"Well this is quite a find," Uther said. "You see, Gaius, I was right. There is treasure to be found under Camelot. Which of my predecessors do I have to thank for all this?" The gem caught his eye and he went to get a closer look. "Gaius?"

"Uh, I'd have to look into it, Sire," Gaius replied.

Uther noticed the deceased man. "How did he die?"