28. The Curse of Cornelius Sigan (Part II)

INT. KING'S PALACE – ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS – NIGHT

Arthur put the key in its usual spot in the dresser drawer.

He got into bed as Cedric rounded the bed and said, "I'll be right outside in the anteroom should you need anything."

"That'll be all, Cedric," Arthur told him. He buried his face in the pillows looking away from the dresser.

"Sleep well, Sire." He turned the light out and toook the keys from the drawer.

INT. KING'S PALACE – CORNELIUS SIGAN'S TOMB – NIGHT

Cedric went down to the tomb and grabbed a torch.

He entered and looked at the riches. As he grabbed things, he said, "Oh, yes. Oh, yes! Oh, yes. Oh, yes. Ha. Hello ladies." He rubbed his face with small red jewels.

He looked at a green jewel, then noticed the heart. He grabbed a dagger and began pulling the jewel out.

He touched the jewel and squeezed it. The soul of Sigan was released and entered Cedric through his mouth, ears and nose.

The heart that had contained the soul was dropped.

A raven squawked.

INT. KING'S PALACE – MERLIN AND COLETTE'S CHAMBER

Merlin and Colette woke and sat up.

INT. KING'S PALACE – CORNELIUS SIGAN'S TOMB – DAY

They found the soul of Sigan gone.

"Sound the warning bell," Arthur ordered.

"Merlin," Gaius called, picking up the soul's container. "Colette. Whoever did this got more than they bargained for."

Merlin frowned. "I don't understand how they got in. The gate's not even damaged."

"They must've used a key."

"Arthur's got the only key."

"Where does he keep it?"

"On his belt with the others," Colette answered, noticing her brother's look. "What? I notice things."

"Does he ever take it off?"

"Only when he's asleep," Merlin answered. "He keeps it next to his bed."

"Who had access to his chambers last night?"

"Just me. And... Cedric."

INT. KING'S PALACE – ARTHUR'S CHAMBERS – DAY

Arthur was sitting at the table.

Merlin entered and said, "Cedric is possessed by an evil spirit."

"What?" Arthur asked.

"He tried to steal the jewel, but it wasn't a jewel, it was a soul of an ancient sorcerer, Sigan."

"Merlin, have you been on the cider?"

"Please, listen to me. Camelot is in mortal danger. Sigan is using Cedric's body to take his revenge."

"This nonsense isn't helping you keep your job."

"You are not listening to me!"

Arthur stood. "You're going to shout anyway? Cedric! Will you escort Merlin from the palace?"

Merlin knocked Cedric to the ground and the two began fighting.

"Ah!" Sigan-in-Cedric's body exclaimed.

"Merlin."

"Ah!" Merlin cried, attacking Sigan-in-Cedric's body.

Cedric kicked Merlin who tried to stop him and Merlin was flung into Arthur, knocking him down.