Chapter 21

TW in the description!

(Happy times only from here on out!)

Decided to just post this one for you guys ;) Enjoy! Art by Choo_arts!

Eshe POV

Eshe sped after her brother, reaching him just as he opened the hospital doors.

"Al!" She panted.

Her brother turned with his mate in his arms. One of Luca's arms hung lifelessly at his side, his head resting on Alberto's chest. Alberto gave her a sad smile.

"Hey, sis."

"You're back." She breathed, then noticed the blood spreading across Luca's face. "You better get inside; he looks bad."

"Before I go, I need to ask you something."

"Anything."

Eshe had only about a million questions for her brother. But they could wait. There was too much chaos right now - and the mated pair deserved time together. She would wait for her turn.

"I came with a young boy. He's never experienced the change, so I left him in Carolina. Bring him here, but be slow with him. He might not talk."

"A boy? Where did you find him?" Eshe asked.

"I'll explain everything later. But I'm the only one he knows, and I don't want to leave him alone."

"I'll find him," Eshe promised. "What is his name?"

"Yura."

A shoot of electricity shot down her back.

"Did-did you say, Yura?"

"Yes. I have to go. I'll talk to you soon." Alberto said and walked through the sliding glass doors.

Eshe didn't even question it as a massive black horse walked in after him. Her mind was elsewhere.

"How did he find you, Yura?" Eshe wondered as she ran down the hill.

She needed to find Ksenya.

~.~.~.~

"Are they okay?" Ksenya asked, rubbing her arms from the cold.

The square was full of flashing lights, opening and closing doors, and people running everywhere. News of Leo's actions spread, and it shook all of Portorosso.

Thomaso and his family were a central part of Portorosso, much like Massimo. To see his eldest son under arrest had everyone worried. Nobody knew the full story, but that would come with time. For now, Leo was sent to the city jail, awaiting his trial and sentence.

Eshe never wanted to see his face ever again.

"Yes. They're at the hospital now."

"Thank goodness," Ksenya said.

"Ksenya, my songbird."

Eshe placed both her hands on Ksenya's shoulders, emotions overtaking her.

"What?" Ksenya asked.

"I've been keeping something from you for months now. But it's finally happened, thanks to Alberto."

"What's happened? What have you been keeping from me?" Ksenya asked, concern coming over her features.

"I haven't told you because I didn't want to get your hopes up, but I've been searching for him. For Yura. I've been sending search parties to find the Azlo couple for months. But nothing came of it."