Prologue

Zephyr:

This is Berk. Well, New Berk, actually. Our home. Dad told us stories about Old Berk. About dragons. About his best friend - Toothless.

 I really loved those stories, but then I found grandpa's old book, and thought the stories weren't true. I was scared of dragons, and set traps for them on Snoggletog. But then I met Toothless, Lightfury , Stormfly,  and three Nightlights. Me and my brother Nuffink named them Dart, Pouncer and Ruffrunner. I realised that Daddy's stories were true. Dragons are amazing, they are our friends! That day I was flying on a dragon for the first time. I can only say one thing: it's amazing! And Toothless brought us a glowing crystal from the Hidden World, and we played with Pouncer, Dart and Ruffrunner, and went fishing with our dragons... I was the best day of my life!

After that Toothless's family have been coming to New Berk sometimes

After that Toothless's family have been coming to New Berk sometimes. Dragons grow up very quickly , so Dart, Ruff, and Pouncer aren't babies anymore.  But they aren't gown up dragons either, they are more like in beetween. Dad said that's for defending themselves. There are dragons like Deathgrippers and Deathsongs...

When dragons are on New berk we are mostly playing in the woods, you know, to keep dragons safe, bacause they aren't supposed to be here. Me and Nuffink learned to fly on the dragons. We really liked spending time with them. Especially with Dart, Pouncer and Ruffrunner. But dragons aren't visiting New Berk very often, it is dangerous for them. At least Mom and Dad say so. I wish they could live on New Berk with us. 

Toothless 's family comes here for a day, we hang out with the dragons, and then they go back to the hidden world. And we have to wait at least two weeks until the next visit. But playing and training with dragons is worth waiting.

Anyway, one time, when me and Nuff were with Dart, Ruff and Pouncer  in the woods, away from the village, Dart smelled something. She growled something to Pouncer and Ruffrunner, put me quickly on her back, and ran somewhere. Ruffrunner and Pouncer with Nuffink followed her. I tried to stop her, but she just continued running. Then, she suddenly stopped, I almost fell off her back. 

Then when I was about to get mad at her, I saw a cave. 

- Dart, do you have any idea what's in that cave?