4 • The Game of Two Halves

•Azure•

The shade from the trees provided thick cover. I walked under the canopy of green, resting in the coolness it created. The air felt crisp here, it was almost refreshing to breath in.

The quaint forest sat across from Freemount High. It was a perfect place to retreat, take cover, or scope out the surrounding area.

It wasn't long before the edge of the tree line came into view. I could see a distinct separation where the shadows from the leaves ended, and the touch of sunlight began. The air suddenly felt warmer as the sun began to break through.

As I approached the edge, I was greeted with the view of Freemount. It was a grand looking school. It had a large parking lot that led up to a wide open space in front and there were a few trees on the side that spilled into the courtyard.

The school was stapled in blue, a great choice of color if I do say so myself. The glass doors that led into the school had accents that were painted a cobalt shade, as were the outside walls.

My focus fell to the glass doors as a couple of students pushed it open and walked out. I felt my energy begin to shift as one of my blue crystal shards slipped out from the entrance behind them.

I waited patiently as it weaved quickly, but cautiously, around the few students loitering. Eventually the gem made its way to me- the cerulean color glinting in the sunlight.

I held out my hand in an open palm, and the crystal fell softly into it. The object was smooth and cool to the touch. I dissolved it, having no further purpose for the gem. Blaine had seen it, and that was all I needed to happen for now.

I took a breath and turned, walking back into the forest. I felt myself submerge into its cool shade once more as I passed by the various trees.

I retraced my steps to a clearing that was far enough from Freemount High to be hidden, but close enough to reach quickly. I let my senses roam as I approached. I checked for any nearby threats, whether that be earthly or of my home. However, I did have specific antennas up for a certain brunette vacating the area.

Fortunately, Cerise didn't seem to be in the immediate vicinity.

While I couldn't track her signature if she was covering it- which she always was when I was present- there was a chance I could pick up on the essence her crystal gave off when she used her powers. It was a good way to pinpoint the general location of an opponent, or at least limit where they could possibly be. I felt nothing though.

I needed time to speak with my boss. Needless to say Cerise's presence here would be disastrous. The little minx was clever and I needed to remain extra alert.

Once sure she wasn't close, I lifted my hands and faced the small clearing I had chosen.

As I felt my power surge through my body and concentrate in my palms, pure sapphire crystals formed from the air. I watched as the sharp gems solidified together with a sharp cling, creating a full blue crystal. It turned and waded in the space before me. Its clear and pristine surfaces reflecting the forest around it.

I gently directed the gem to the ground before speaking a command.

"Call Vienna."

The crystal hummed in response. It began to glow a deep blue- flashing a beam that invaded all fields of vision before the light faded to a soft dim.

What emerged from the flash was the very image of my boss.

Her light eyes were filled with intent focus as usual, shining amongst her pale skin. There was a slight glow to her as if light was flooding through her veins and her blonde, almost white, hair was long and flowing- holding a wave like quality. She gave me a welcoming smile as she turned her heart shaped face to me and nodded slowly.