Chapter 2

The memory opened to Teresa sitting in a single soft sofa chair, reading a book in front of the fireplace, Niklaus smiled at the sight- she always loved snuggling against the fire, she would lay back on his chest and he would read aloud to her. The door opened and in walked young Celine.

"Mummy." Celine whispered as she walked in.

"Yes darling." Teresa smiled at her young daughter.

"I had a nightmare." Celine climbed upon her mother's lap, "can you tell me a story about daddy?" Niklaus perked at his mention.

"Ok..." Teresa paused to think. "I'll tell you about his mission." The Mikaelson bent closer to the duo. "One day your daddy and I were walking down the street. When suddenly, I was hurt." Celine gasps dramatically which made everyone (excluding Hope) laugh. "A mean witch hit me with a spell in the back to hurt daddy- "

"Oh no! Were you ok?" Celine asked bringing her hands to her cheeks in a shocked manner.

"I was fine. But daddy went after the witch that hurt me- "

"Yay daddy!" Celine cheered. Niklaus' smile widens at the words that escaped his daughter's mouth.

"Yes, yay daddy." Teresa chuckled. "When daddy returned to me, he said sorry. You see, daddy made done something to the witch and she was getting her revenge." Niklaus was shocked, what was she going to tell Celine? Had she been badmouthing him to her this whole time?

"Oh no. What did daddy do?" Celine asked.

"Daddy hurt someone very close to the witch. But he had a reason." Teresa began to explain. "You see, the witch's brother did a spell. Well, he tried to do a spell. It was a spell to such a weapon, the daggers and the white oak stake, so that daddy's siblings would die in their sleep."

"So, Auntie Bekah, Uncle Eli and Uncle Kola would be dead?" Celine asked, Rebekah, Elijah and Kol looked in awe at the duo, Teresa told Celine everything (everything that she knew) about them.

"Yes. But luckily daddy stop it in time. He saved his siblings."

"Yay! Daddy hero!" Celine shrieked and clapping her hands. She's adorable- Niklaus thought.

"Yes... daddy hero." Teresa smiled at her daughter. Niklaus did the same. He was a hero in his daughter's eyes. "So, daddy attacked the witch, she had not only come after me but daddy's siblings as well. All daddy ever did was protect his family, even if they couldn't see it themselves- They always thought daddy was mean." The family looked at Niklaus but he wasn't looking at them. "But after seeing the danger I was put in, daddy had to leave, he had to make sure that I was safe. But I never got to tell him about you. But I know that if he did, he would never leave you." Celine stared at her mother, tilting her head up.

"I wish I knew daddy." She whispered, laying her head on her mother's chest. Niklaus' heart broke. He was going to find her. The door appeared in front of them, and they left the memory.

This time, Rebekah chose a door. An orange door.

The memory opens to Celine laying on her stomach reading a thick book.

"Is that...?" Freya trailed off.

"Mother's grimoire?" Elijah finished.

"How did she get grandmother's grimoire?" Hope asked, mad that she didn't have it. Everyone looked everywhere for it but no one could find it.

"I have no idea." Elijah said. Celine was laying the bed reading through Ester's grimoire when 5 ghostly figures appeared.

"Who's there?" Celine asked sitting up straight, holding the book close to her.

"Don't worry my dear, we aren't here to hurt you." A female voice came from one of the figures, the mist began to slowly disappear and the figures were finally able to be identified.

A tall, slim and beautiful woman in her mid to late 40's, somewhere between 45-49. She had long natural blond hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a black long-sleeve dress with reached her ankles. Next to her was a tall and middle-aged man with short dark blond hair, blue eyes and muscular build, dress in an aristocratic manner. The second woman was a brunette with brown eyes, cold brown eyes were an indicator of her cruel, apathetic personality. She was wearing a simple wool and cotton dress, her medium-length brown hair was styled in gentle waves. The second male was a handsome and tall man who appears to be 27–28 years old. He had brown hair, hazel-green eyes and slim, but athletic figure wearing a . The final one was a young boy, he was medium height with long dark brown hair and with dark brown eyes, he appears to be between 11–13 years old, wearing a light blue tunic and pants in the fashion of the 1100's.

"Is that...?" Niklaus began in shock. "Henrik?" Niklaus whispered.

"Mother?" Freya whispered.

"Esther?" Kol whispered.

"Finn?" Hayley whispered.

In front of Celine stood four family members. Ester, Mikael, Finn and Henrik.

"We're your grandparents from your father's side- I'm Esther and this is Mikael- and here we have two of your uncles- Finn and Henrik."

"You're dead, aren't you?" Celine asked point-blank.

"Yes, we are." Esther smiled at the young girl.

"Can you tell me about our family?" Celine asked. "I don't know much and I don't like upsetting mummy." She looked down. She felt a soft hand gently grab her chin and lifted her head up high.

"We'll tell you everything." Mikael smiled at his first granddaughter.

A door appeared in front of them.

"Wait. That's it?" Rebekah asked.

"I guess so." Elijah replied, each member scoffed in disbelief at the short length before walking through the door entering the hallway once again.

Elijah saw a black door. "Freya." He caught her attention. "What does black mean?" Freya gave him a look and he knew that it was a good thing.

"...Death." She said, causing everyone's eyes to widen. Whose death? Elijah opened the door and they all walked into a dark room, it was Celine's bedroom.

Celine was laying on her bed clutching her stuffed wolf to her chest not wanting to let it go, she had tears falling down her face and released loud sobs breaking each Mikaelson's heart. A knock was heard at her bedroom door.

"Celly." A young voice came from the other side. "It's De-De. Do you want to let me in?" She asked. Celine got up and opened the door and saw her best friend. Rosa Diaz- or De-De as Celine calls her.

"Hi Rosa." Celine said with no emotions. Rosa didn't say anything, all she did was climb on Celine's bed and held her tight. Celine couldn't hold back anymore and released her pain.

"What's happened?" Hope asked.

"The door was black, so someone's died."

"Mum said you get to live with us so you don't have to move."

"If she didn't die then I wouldn't have to leave my home in the first place. Why did she leave me Rosa?" Celine said, tears falling down her face, she held her wolf even tighter.

"She didn't choose too. It was simply her time to help others from somewhere else. Just because she's not physically here doesn't mean that she isn't here. She will always be right here." She pointed at Celine's heart. "The ones who love us never really leave us." Celine didn't say anything but held Rosa tighter, sobbing all over her.

"I just want my mother back." The Mikaelsons were shocked at the revelation. Emma was dead, Celine was alone, she had no family. How old is she now? What happened to her after this? Niklaus thought. A door appeared in front of them.

"Wait. That's it? No more? What happened to her afterwards?" Niklaus panicked at the sight of the door.