Chapter 6

Location: 99th Precinct

"Ladies and Gentlemen, prepare to start clapping, 'cause I just made a major drug bust. Talking about four kilos of cocaine, $200,000 cash, and my new partner, a tarantula." Jake exclaimed as he lifted a cage with a tarantula. "I call him Jake Jr., aka Spidey Klum, aka, Mrs. Doubtspider, aka Joe Spiden, aka tarantula basset, aka spi-dermot mulrooney."

"Aka tarantulina jolie." Charles spoke.

"What? No, Charles, have you seen this spider? That's a terrible name."

"Sorry."

"Why do you have that thing?" Celine asked.

"Because they were gonna throw him away, but I couldn't do that to my furry little... ah!" Jake screamed as he lifted the container close to his face. "He's actually really scary up close."

"It's horrifying from everywhere. Terry hates creepy crawlers." Terry shivered.

"Seriously, I'm not going to your apartment if that thing is there." Celine shrugged, moving away from Jake. She hates spiders.

"All right, fine, then he'll just live here and help me solve crimes. Get used to him, everyone, 'cause me and this spider are partners for life. He's gone. I left the cage unlocked, and he's gone."

"Stay off the ground!" Boyle shrieked as he stood on his chair.

"I'm good." Rosa and Celine said as they extended their batons.

"I'm out of here." Terry yelled as he ran for the elevator, he refuses to be in the same room as a terrifying monster.

"He couldn't have gone far... Unless he can fly." Jake muttered before yelling. "Can tarantulas fly?"

"Jake, you better find that spider. And I'm not coming back here until you do." Terry said as he entered the lift, what he hadn't realised, was the tarantula crawling on his back.

"Uh, sarge, I think I found it." Jake mentioned as he saw it on his back causing everyone to gasp.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" He asked, the spider was now on his head. Seeing everyone's eyes on his head, he looked up. "It's on my head!" Terry screamed in fear as the lift doors closed on him, blocking people's view and having letting them only hear his screams.

Location: Courthouse

After the whole tarantula debacle at the precinct, Celine, Jake and Charles left for the courthouse, where they all had to testify for a case.

"A whole hour until we testify." Jake sat down beside Celine (who was reading a book) and Charles (who was eating). "Hey, donut holes. Don't mind if I do." Jake reached for but before Celine could warn him, he had already taken a bite. The instant look of disgust on his face amused Celine. "Ugh!" He yelled in disgust and spit out the food. "Fish? Fish donuts, Boyle? What is wrong with you?"

"It's Takoyaki." Charles responded. "I'm drowning my sorrows in octopi's balls."

"What's wrong Boyle?" Celine asked as she put her book down.

"I've been online dating; It's a total disaster. I've only had one match, and it was a pretty obvious catfish situation." Charles said as he explained his latest date with a man named Yennifer, who only wanted his social security number.

"Now, I see that as a positive story." Jake said, trying to cheer his friend up. "Out of all the identities he could have stolen, he chose yours, and you want to know why?"

"Because I posted my annual income?"

"Because you posted your annual income, you moron." Jake said as a woman walked up to them.