Chapter 12

The holidays were over now. The twins were back at school and Celine was back at work. Except she wasn't at work today. She had taken the day off after she had found some of her mother's things. Things that had Niklaus Mikaelson in them. Pictures, videos, letters... they were so in love. But he left. Why would he leave if he loved her so. She needed answers... but she needed to talk to someone else first.

She gathered candles, a small container (strong enough to hold a fire), chalk, her blood and a piece of her hair. She drew a circle and sat in the middle, she placed the container in front with her blood and hair. "Incendio." She muttered, lighting them on fire. She took a deep breathe, closed her eyes and began the spell.

"Swift on the heel thou comest, thrice summoned by my spell, thrice troubled by my burning. Come without delay."

"Hello dear." She had summoned Esther, Mikael, Dahlia, Finn and Henrik.

"Hi." She smiled.

"What's wrong?" Mikael asked.

"Why does something have to be wrong in order to summon you?"

"Because that's the only time you do summon us." Finn answered.

"That's not true." Celine denied. It was true. "Anyway... forgetting that, I need your help. Of something I've already asked you."

"Having a relationship with Niklaus." Mikael said.

"Why do you guys think we should have a relationship?"

"Because we want the best for you." Dahlia smiled. "We want you to meet the man your mother fell in love with."

"He left because you were hunting him?" Celine asked, looking at Mikael. "Why were you hunting him?"

"Because he killed Esther, his own mother, my wife. She might have cheated on me and had a child but I still loved her. Then blaming the murder of me, turning my other children against me... made me feel betrayed, which simply fuelled my anger. Then to find that he was part beast, the beast that murdered my youngest son... but... I don't blame him, I took my anger out on him. I regret my actions... before I found the truth, I always said that he had the makings of an excellent warrior. But my pride got the better of me. I wished I could have fixed it when I was alive."

"We want you to get to know them, just like your mother did." Esther said.

"How about this..." Henrik drew her attention. "... spend a day with them, get to know them. Then you decide if you want a relationship, see how you feel after spending a day with them... or even doing one activity with them. Think you can do that?" Henrik suggested.

Celine nodded. "Okay. I can do that." They disappeared after that. Celine heard the front door open.

"Mum! We're home." Nico yelled. Celine went downstairs.

"Hello boys." She smiled. "How was school?"

The boys groaned. "We have a project for music due tomorrow and we completely blanked." Leo said.

"What have I always said?" Celine asked her sons.

"Always do your homework first, then you can relax." The twins said, in unison.

"Exactly. What's the project?"

"A performance about Henry the eighth." Nico answered.

"Why would an American High School do British history?" Celine asked.

"Apparently, they do a project on a random piece of British history." Leo shrugged.

"Fine. Looks like we are spending the rest of the day working on a song." Celine said. Just then, the doorbell rang. "Get your stuff out, we'll start working when I come back." She went to answer the front and saw the people she was just talking about earlier. The Mikaelsons. "What are you doing here?" She asked.