39

In Gato's heads quarters one his Lieutenants was marching to the room that the ninja and the boy were using with a large group of hired killers as well. He had gathered up some of the worse types of people he could find as he wanted to make sure that this ninja was killed. They would have to rush him with the best killers he could find. They walked over to the door as their leader stopped, he was a bit nervous after all he had heard the stories about this guy.

"So is he in there?" One of the new guys asked.

"Yes and be quit, the food we sent in was laced with a drug that should knock him out but just in case he didn't take it we need to go in there and hack the big bastard down. Then we can deal with the boy on the bed as well once the big one is taken care of." The lieutenant told them.

"Oh come on it's not like he's expecting this and he's only one man." Another said grinning at the thought of an easy pay check for this.

The group's leader was about to make a comment on that but he never got that far, as Zabuza's sword suddenly came through the door and right through the leader and two of the others, while cutting the arm off another. Cries of pain and death sounded as the door suddenly split open as Zabuza himself stormed out. He saw the shocked and surprised faces, that was good for him he liked it when they were scared.

He had noticed the drug in the food, only a genin wouldn't notice that kind of trick, hell he had used that trick before himself on certain targets when he couldn't get close as did many in his line of work. So he had been waiting for this, he had put a chair by the door waiting for the men to come. Once they were close enough he would attack them first to throw them off, then it was a simple matter of hacking the rest to pieces.

Which led to this moment as he swung his huge sword throwing the bodies off the blade and managed to cleave through a few more men, there were shouts and people yelling and total chaos, this was bad for them but good for him. One man against a group was bad odds but when that group was disoriented it turned the odds in his favor.

"Come and meet your death," Zabuza yelled at he tore into the group. He showed no mercy as with his large sword gave him a long reach, a couple tried to get under his blade but a punch here or a kick there to get rid of that problem, sometimes he broke a rib or kicked a knee to bend in a way that wasn't meant for a human knee to bend. That caused more problems for them as now they had men on the floor trying to get around the ones rolling on the ground in pain.

Zabuza also had another thing to worry about, he had to cover the doorway in case someone got by him and tried to use Haku against him as a hostage. So he didn't let it happen, he cut, sliced, hacked his enemies to pieces. The blood flowed and flew as the room was starting to be painted in the blood of his enemies as he was being painted in the red blood as well, making him look every bit the 'demon' that he was nicknamed.

He could smell the fear in the air as their confidence dropped, that was when they were truly dead. When you thought you were going to die and didn't fight for survival you were as good as dead, and he could sense that in them. Some of them started to run away for help at least the smart ones did, the rest he finished off. By the time he was the done the place looked literally like hell itself.

He was breathing a little hard and his arms started to ache but years of using his sword had made him strong enough to have kept swinging for an hour. But he had little time now, he quickly went back into his room and got the chair he had been sitting on and threw it at the large window breaking the glass. He went over to Haku's bed and putting his sword on his back he gently picked up the boy in his arms.

Zabuza had taken care to prepare Haku for travel, he immobilized him as much as he could wrapping the boy's arms to his chest and making sure the wound was tightly bonded up too. The boy moaned a bit in pain and he was sorry for that but they couldn't stay here anymore. He positioned him as best he could in his arms before jumping out the window and making his way to the only place he might be able to take Haku.