43

Naruto was very nervous, he hadn't been this nervous since his first day at school. Today was his first real date and with Hinata no less. He had to admit that before he never would have thought he would try to date his oldest and best friend but lately his views on her had changed. He saw that she was a pretty girl that he knew very well and who he liked being around. But right now he was worried since he had never actually gone on a date before.

From his dad's books he knew how to flirt and a few other things to do with girls, but dating was never actually in those books. If he ever found that guy that wrote those books he was going to have to tell him to add in things like that. Thinking about the parts of the books that the male and female characters did together made Naruto think of Hinata and himself in those places. He blushed as the thought of the feel of her skin or how her lips tasted ran through his mind. It didn't help that he now knew she had been the girl he had seen naked on the water that one night.

He wouldn't say he knew that, at least not any time soon as he wanted to make this work. At any rate he just hoped that the ideas he got from his dad yesterday worked. After Hinata had said yes to the date, he had gone home and waited for his dad to show up and ask him the kinds of things that he could do on a date. Kakashi had asked him who the lucky girl was and Naruto had to admit he asked Hinata out, he was wondering why Kakashi didn't show any surprise at that.

Anyways, Kakashi soon told his son a few examples of what to do on a date and with that he made his own plans. It would be later that night and all Naruto knew was that Kakashi was going out, it wasn't like he wanted to hide things from his son, it was just that Naruto seemed to have enough on his mind anyway.

Across the village Hinata was more nervous then she could ever remember being, she had spent all morning trying to figure out what to wear for her first ever date and what she should do during it. She sighed at the fact she didn't have much in the way of clothing for dates. She should have to go to her friends for help soon as well after this date for more advice. Plus Ino and Sakura were good with fashion so they could help her pick out new clothing but right now she was worried with what she just had.

She didn't want to look too fancy if they were going to a normal place like the ramen bar but she didn't want to wear her usual clothing in case they went somewhere special. She also had to take in the heat that was still around and after a lot of debating she went with her choice. Mainly it was a skirt she wore in the summer months but it was warm enough for it. Also she wore a short sleeve shirt and one of her jackets, this jacket was less bulky then her normal one as the arms were gone.

At this time she wished her mother was still alive at this point, she really could have used her advice for this, she looked at the picture she had of her mother that she always kept in sight. Hinata picked it up and looked at her mother, she still remembered her as a beautiful woman that was always kind. Her heart ached for her mother's touch just once more but she knew that wasn't possible. As she continued to get ready her date was unknowingly to her, coming to the front gate.

Naruto had already managed to get into the Hyuga compound without trouble as usual. A branch family member was already making his way to inform Hinata that Naruto was here to see her while he waited. He wasn't sure if Hinata was ready so he was glad for the wait, he was in waiting out in the open just outside the main house hold.

Unfortunately it was just his luck that Neji happened to wonder near him, he saw the familiar masked blonde but he took note of the clothing he was wearing. It was different than his normal clothing and had to wonder what was going on. He walked up behind Naruto who was so focused that he didn't hear Neji.

"Naruto, I wasn't aware you would be showing up today," Neji said to him and took a bit of pleasure at how the blonde had jumped from being startled.

"Damn it, don't sneak up on me like that!" Naruto shouted at him.