51

Everyone was thankful for the rest they got, although they soon had to go into the main chamber, there was a huge statue with what looked like an area. Above there were observation areas, it was pretty dark tone to the place as well. Naruto could see the other teams that had made it, the Sand, Sound and Mist teams were here alone with several other teams from his village.

"Naruto-kun," Hinata said going over to him with a hug. She had been worried when she had left him in the woods, but seeing him here put her at ease.

He gently hugged her back, "Hey there Princess, by the way thanks for the scroll. I promise to pay you back."

"Well there is something, I'll tell you later okay?" She asked him knowing that she had to bring him over to her father soon. He made it clear that the first break they had, she was to bring him home for a dinner so he could talk to him.

"Hey Naruto, looks like you lost the bet," Kiba grinned as he walked over to him. "We've been here for about three hours now."

"Crap," Naruto muttered. "Okay first chance I get, I'll get you one."

"No hurry but looks like we got to line up." The other boy said as everyone was gathering. So they all got into their teams and lined up. There were many other ninja from the village here, but in front of it all was the Hokage in his official white robes of office and hat.

"I'm glad to see you all here," the Hokage said to everyone. "Although you should all congratulate each other on your success, it would seem that too many of you passed this test this year."

"Huh, what the hell does that mean?" someone asked.

"For the final round there are only a certain number of spots," the Hokage went on to explain that they would even held the exams. How the true meaning were showing the skills of each nation without actually fighting wars.

A new ninja, a sickly looking one that seemed to cough a lot showed up. He introduced himself as Hayate explained things further. He was the proctor for the third exam but it would seem that too many had made it through. Since so many important people were coming, they needed to show only the best. Meaning that, they had to weed them out even further. So they would hold elimination rounds, two people would be randomly picked and then they would fight. The winners would move on to the third and final stage.

That didn't go over very well for most of them, but it wasn't like they had a choice. So they had to just deal with it, it would seem.

Everyone took their places up in the stands, usually against the railings there as they waited for the names to show up on the screen by the statue. Everyone was anticipating their challengers although Team 7 knew they would have the hardest time. Sasuke wasn't sure what that mark would do, it was already hindering him, Naruto still felt really off thanks to that thing on his stomach, and Sakura she still felt the aches and pains from that fight with the Sound team.

"I wish dad was here for this," Naruto said out loud with a sigh. He really wanted to have his dad here to see him, to make him proud.

"Well then just look behind you," a familiar voice said. Naruto and everyone else turned around surprised.

"Dad! I thought you would still be in the hospital?" Naruto asked seeing his father. Although Kakashi was on crutches and looked tired, he didn't seem to be in any pain. Anko was also standing next to him, her arm was still in a sling but otherwise she looked fine as well.

"Oh don't worry, me and Anko were cleared, right?" Kakashi said to her.

"Of course," She said giving a huge smile.

-Konoha Hospital-

Nurse Mai was just one of the regular medical staff, she was making her usual rounds at the hospital. She was checking on one of the new patients that had been brought in at this time. Mai knocked on the door to announce herself.