Author's Note (2)

Wow, we made it to the end! Thank you to everyone who's read my story so far, and everyone who might still. I write to share my art with others, so every view means a lot!

This story was always intended to be this length, just because of the specific AU. But that also means I can work on other projects now.

I really wanted to write something light and fun, something that (hopefully) makes the reader happy. There are a lot of angst-heavy Steddie fics (and I love them), but sometimes you need some fluff too.

My thanks go out to those talented writers who can expertly illustrate the darker sides of Steve and Eddie's story, because it's not my strength.

That said, emotional angst is something I love to write as well as fluff, and one of my favorite parts of Steve and Eddie's dynamic. This fic is on the shorter side, but writing about the characters' differences and similarities, strengths and insecurities—that's definitely something I'll continue in all my works.

It was also fun to write a fic from Eddie's pov, because I did tend to write from Steve's pov instead when I stated writing Steddie. I felt like, although it's an AU, it helped me explore and get to know Eddie's character better, and what he means to me (and, Steve being sort of mysterious to Eddie was fun to write because I've read so many fics where it's the other way around).

Some of my favorite parts to write were:

Eddie's friendship with Nancy and Chrissy, and his past with Robin, because in the show we didn't get a lot of detail on Eddie's friendships (besides Dustin)

Eddie picking up on Steve's behavior toward Robin and Nancy and how he's changed

Steve's job at Scoops being his own decision for independence, rather than the canon "punishment." I thought it was interesting to explore Steve coming to that conclusion himself, after everything with school/home life

Nancy talking to Eddie about Steve's bi panic, and hinting that she can relate (because she can, Robin has her whole heart)

Eddie's thoughts about relationships being messed up because of his experience with Billy, specifically him not realizing how badly Billy might've treated him

All the phone calls :)

This was just some insight on my process and thoughts writing this, in case anyone was curious. Thanks again for reading, and I hope you'll stick around for any possible projects coming (like maybe some more ronance??).

Bye for now!