CH 11: Reckless, Moody and Impulsive

Kai woke up at half past two. Wide eyes stared at the ceiling, a sence of heaviness in his chest. His body was sore all over, so much that he didn't even want to move in his bed. 

And "Akchu!!" He had definitely caught a cold during his last night...endeavour. Kai shuddered at this, pulling the blanket closer around himself. The experience of getting back lost memories never bode with him well, but he was glad that he atleast had had the chance to prepare himself this time. And as for the memories itself... there was nothing he could do about them, but lock them at the very back of his mind, along with much worse ones.

He knew he was well rested, yet he felt far from energetic. Realising that sleep had eluded him for now, Kai lethargically got out of bed, moving towards the wash basin to freshen up a bit. A bit of colour had returned back to his face, whether it was from the cold or not, he wasn't sure. His wound seemed undisturbed and the dark circles around his eyes did seem to have reduced a bit. 

Kai slammed the window shut as a chill blew in. He testily realised that his outfit, a dark purple turtleneck t-shirt with co-shoulders, was by no means suited for the winter months in Japan. He grumpily pulled out his black and aqua blue jacket. It wasn't something he used regularly, unlike his other jackets, and he had outgrown it a long time ago, but no matter, it still kept him as warm as it had kept him the very first time.

He went downstairs quietly, making sure not to wake grandpa up, for he usually naps at this hour. In a whim, he decided to make himself red sauce spaghetti. Twenty minutes from then, his spaghetti was all done but boil for a few more minutes. He called Mr Dickenson. "The flat is furnished now. I'm moving in this weekend." He said as soon a he heard Mr D pick up the call. 

"And good afternoon to you too, Kai. Would you ever bother to ask this good old man of his health someday?" Mr Dickenson asked, sounding quite exasperated. Kai rolled his eyes at this. This wasn't the first time he had been reminded of this by Mr D, nor had he forgotten about it.

 Between him and Jason, Kai was sure that they would get him involved into unnecessary pleasantries like the rest of the world one of these days. When a "hm" was all the reply Mr D got, he sighed, "Congratulations are in order then, since I'm pretty sure that I'm not invited for the house warming ceremony."

"That's because I'm not having one." Kai informed him. "So, you're telling me that you would have invited me if you had had one?" Mr D retorted back, only to be met with silence. "Thought so." He sighed again, before continuing "Have you informed grandpa Granger?" "Not yet. I plan to do it onetime this week." He replied. "Anything else?" "I want you to start up with the application process." "Kai, I really think-" but Kai cut him off. "I know what I want, Mr D."  

 "And what exactly is that?!" And for the first time since this call started, Mr D sounded angry. He was once again met with silence. It was Mr D who broke the silence yet again. "I really have to go now. The board meeting is about to start. For now, listen to me carefully Kai. You'll take one step at a time. Inform others about your new place. I heard you'll be cleared from the doctors next week. Get back into shape. Get into a routine. I'll not discussing this anytime soon. Goodbye Kai." and without waiting for a reply, he ended the call.

Kai didn't realise what had happened until he heard the call disconnect. No one, and he meant no one, had dared to end the call in his face until then, especially not after telling him what he should and shouldn't do. But the anger that should have bubbled up never came. He realised that he was way too exhausted to even feel anger anymore, too drained. Kai rubbed his face, thinking how messed up his life, mind, emotions,.. basically everything was. He walked back into the kitchen, only to find himself having company.