CH 12: What Happens When a Player Meets a Tease?

Sunday was the only day in the week when Hillary got the slightest feeling of having some spare time, and she put it to good use. She stood at the far end of her room, analysing her campaign poster drawing from afar, trying to pick out some flaws. 

She had drawn a portrait of a younger version of bellona, her house mascot, to the right margin, her face slightly covered by a few strands of brown hair in a loose plait, a long purple cape flying in the wind and making up the lower border of the poster. The house symbol was at its centre. The chart had a yellow background with red and black writings. The words, 

Vote for  MeiraMaveric

 M ultivalent

E ifficient

I nclusive

R esouresful

A ccountable

I have the ability YOU are looking for,

I am the reflection of YOUR thoughts.

Vote for someone who'll be YOUR voice,

Vote for someone who'll stick with YOU,

Vote for someone YOU won't REGRET!

Vote for MeiraMaveric!!! Ko

PS: Don't worry, you're making the right choice ;D

Hillary had decided to keep the writing to a minimum. She understood that her schoolmates had a very small attention span. And her house mascot and symbol drawing grabbed all the attention that was needed for them to read the few lines accompanying them. She thought of showing the poster to her parents but decided against it. She knew her father would tell about it to whoever will listen to him (she did have a rather embarassing experience in that) and given the whole anonymous thing, it felt wrong to let anyone know of it. They could know of it when she wins and if not, at least she could pretend that nothing was wrong...

She carefully rolled up her poster and put it next to her backpack. Two weeks had passed since the school started, and her AP classes were starting from tomorrow at eight. She was taking up three subjects this year, Chemistry on Monday and Wednesday mornings, Biology on Thursday and Saturday mornings and macroeconomics on Monday and Thursday evenings . 

Having completed the poster for now, she sighed loudly. "Fun time up", she thought ruefully as she eyed the stacks of books she had to go through by the evening.

******

Hillary was planning to put the poster in the teacher's cabinet before the janitor came in, at seven forty-five. Honestly, tomorrow was supposed to be the first day of putting up posters and from what she had heard, hardly anyone had put in their posters. She didn't want to be too soon, but on the other hand it was a perfect time to grab attention and the longer the voters see your posters, longer they'll remember.

******

Tyson flopped down onto the bed with a sigh. He was utterly bored. Max wasn't dropping by today and Ray was supposed to be at the flower shop the whole day. And that was because Mariah was going out with her friends. That was one thing he didn't get, how could they pull in favours with each other if they weren't even talking with each other! And when he had asked him, Ray said "It's a bit complicated." As though it explains anything.

It was days like these that he missed Hillary the most. She always spent some time during the weekends at the dojo. Her fiesty temper would have at least kept the dojo alive and awake. The dojo hadn't been this quiet in months. He missed the action and adventure filled days, and then immediately regretted it. Look what all that adventure led to in the end, he thought darkly. Two most important people in his life almost killed. He got up from the bed suddenly. He wouldn't think about it now.