Chapter 16:How the tables turn

Chase's POV:

Adrienne has been gone for 2 days already now and I've been so focused on trying to find her. I've had Mikey and a few guards and allies out looking for her. I try to think of anyone who would do this to get back at me but I have no idea.

I haven't been able to sleep for the past 2 night since she was taken. I swear if they're hurting her I will make them die slowly just to make them suffer a long and painful death. I'll torture them, because I promised Andy I'd keep her safe and now I feel so out of control.

"Chase?" my mother said knocking on my office door.

"Come in" I said as she opened the door and walked in closing it behind her.

"How are you sweetheart?" She asked looking at all the paper work on my desk.

"I'm fine Ma" I said running my hands through my hair leaning back into my chair.

"You've been in here since this morning and it's 9pm"

"I've been caught up with paperwork" I said, sighing.

"You need to go and eat, and take a shower and relax" she said sternly pointing to the door.

"Ma I'm too busy right now."

"When you have a wife and kids, what are you going to do?...are you still gonna be sitting hours in this office or are you going to spend time with them? Don't let this line of work tie you up too much." She said giving her classic mother speech.

"I know Ma, I'll manage my time... don't worry. This is just a way of distracting my mind"

"I know it's difficult son, trying not to focus too much on the situation at hand, but we will find her. I promise."

Adrienne's POV:

Ok so, I don't exactly know who I was kidnapped by. But I was in a room and someone was passing me food through a small window in a door. No, it's not like those of a jail cell. This room was actually big and spacious and neatly decorated. With flowers on the dresser and big fluffy pillows, white, grey and light blue bedding. Whoever was keeping me must've known that my favourite colour was light blue and red of course but mostly light blue.

The meals were delicious, some gourmet dishes. And I had clothes all in my size, my own luxurious bathroom, with running hot water. I also had a TV. I had a coo-coo clock that made a sound of a blue bird.

***Knocks on the door***

Shit, what do I do now. Uhm...shit

"Come in I guess" I say hiding behind the door...grabbing a porcelain vase to throw at someone's unfortunate face.

The door opens slowly and I immediately slam it hard, hitting someone in the face.

"Ahhh, shit! Okay, put the vase down"
The male voice said from behind the door. How did he even know I had something.

It sounds like someone older. Maybe in his 40s or 50s.

"Okay...now just follow me and you'll get answers okay?"

"Okay" I say abiding and then again for the second time a bag was thrown over my head.

Chase's POV:

After getting some anger out of my system by murdering the punching bag, I took a very much needed refreshing shower. I felt a little better. I then got some pizza that my father ordered and grabbed a beer.

***Phone rings***

I jumped as the phone rang, praying it was news regarding Andy.

"Hello" I say waiting eagerly for a response.

"Chase Gentile, you have something I want and I have something you've wanted for a while now. Meet me at the shipping dock, Goric Maner in 20 minutes." The robotic voice said hanging up not even waiting for my response.

"Mickey I have news about Andy...Goric Maner, 20 minutes... let's go." I say rushing around to change and suit up...grab my gun, car keys and a pocket knife.

"Okay let's go, we have a team at your disposal" Mickey says following me.

We drove in a convoy...me leading, Mickey behind me, and the team after him. I was infuriated but I was finally ready to bring my sweet girl home. We pulled up to the dock that had a few shipping containers stacked around the area. And then a single car raced in from a private road on the opposite side from which we came.

We all waited patiently. The team was set up with guns pointing to the car ready to fire if anything went sideways. I had my gun and knife ready and Mickey was right behind me.

I stood in the centre where a single street light was shining. I stood there for what felt like forever. The car stood there switched off, raising our suspicions about the situation. I really just wanted my girl back.

Adrienne's POV:

I was in a van or a car and we drove a while until it came to a stop. It was dark and stuffy and the fabric of the bag made it hard to breathe. I was really hoping it was a negotiation between Chase and my kidnappers. I just wanted to be home and safe. I heard the door open and a breeze rushed in. I was pulled out of the car and the bag was raised from my head.

Chase's POV:

There she was straight shoulder length hair, lightly tanned skin and a slightly less curvy body. Blue jeans, a tank top and a black leather jacket, her classic choices. I missed it all. I felt my heart stop when she stepped out of the car. I felt a wave of emotions...why she stayed away from me because she looks free. I don't know how it was possible she looked different and yet the same, younger yet older and very much alive. There she was, the love of my life...Jess.

~hello my Dragons, I hope you're all thriving. I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I know it's quite a shocker that Jess is back from the dead, and where's Adrienne 🤔 find out more a little bit later...
your writer...Cassidy❤️~