Chapter 24:Princessa

Adrienne's POV:

I sat there in that living room feeling misplaced, uncomfortable, tired, impatient and stressed. We still haven't heard anything about Chase or the accident. All we know is that he wasn't in the car and he's not anywhere to be found.

I Soo badly wanted to drink a glass of wine, no something stronger...VODKA. But I can't. Mickey sat there checking up on me every 5-10 minutes.
'you need anything' or 'you feeling okay?' I'm pregnant I'm not fucking useless.

Okay, he is trying to help. And be useful, it's probably also taking his mind off the situation. I'm really tired and I just want to sleep. The meeting is tomorrow night and I think everything is sorted out but I feel like I just need to run through a few things.

My hands are shaking, my palms are sweaty, my eyes are heavy and I'm emotionally uncomfortable. I don't want to be here but at the same time I want to make sure that Chase is okay. Fuck these feelings. I should go home.
I get up from the sofa and walk to the door, grabbing my coat.

"Oh dear, where are you going?" Serena asked motherly, gently touching my arm.

"Oh, I need to get going. I need some rest." I say trying to persuade her to let me go.

"You can sleep here dear, if you'd like." She said gesturing upstairs.

"Oh, no no no. I really have some work to do aswell" I reply reaching for the door handle.

"I'm sure it can wait til tomorrow" she said cupping my cheek in her right hand.

"I-uh..." I stutter trying think of an excuse.

"Come along dear" she says hooking my arm in hers and walking me upstairs.

"Here use your old room. Chase still likes to keep it well kept and organised." She said smiling and leaving me in the room closing the door behind her.

I hesitated climbing onto the bed, but as soon as I did... I was counting sheep and chickens. I heard noises through my sleep. People were celebrating and screaming. Not long after that I heard the room door open and I felt a kiss on my forehead. I rested my eyes for a while longer and then I woke up at 2 am. I got up to leave the house because like hell am I gonna be here when Chase get's back.

I walk past Chase's room door and see him sleeping spread out body across the sheets. He has a bruise on his cheek but it isn't too bad. I move quickly and quietly through the house to the door and out. I ran quickly to the gate and called for a taxi. To my surprise there was one and I went straight home.

I haven't been to my mafia house in a while because I've been staying with dad and I've been working but now that no one's there it doesn't feel the same so I might aswell stay here. I get out of the taxi, pay and walk into the house. I'm thinking of making a few changes to it, a couple upgrades. But right now I'm going to crawl into my bed and catch a few more hours.

***

My eyes flutter open to the annoying sound of the alarm. It's now 6:00am...I roll out of the bed and change to training clothes. I run for about 30 minutes on the treadmill and hit the bag for about 20 minutes and do a 10 minute yoga session. It might not sound crazy but it's a light hour just to get me awake for the day.

I walk back to my room drinking that 2 litre bottle like it's nothing. I undress and hop into the shower. Sometimes I stand under the running water and think but that's normally for when I bath. When I shower it's a whole concert happening. The soap enjoys it, lucky to see my ass too.

I get out of the shower to get the fright of my life. Gabriel was standing in my room with his arms folded across his chest angrily.