Chapter 41: To the night we met

She rose from the floor, watching as Jess bled out. She had never felt so conflicted. She'd normally leave people to die with no remorse in her, but something was different this time. For the first time she'd felt that it wasn't right to leave her suffer... even if she had been suffering her whole life.

Looking to the bathroom and back at Jess. She swore herself internally as she picked Jess from the floor and helped her to the bathroom. Picking and prodding at the wound, as Jess gripped, grabbed and groaned at the pain. She still couldn't understand it, if she was going to help her then why stab her in the first place. Andy ripped the fabric off from the white dress she wore and tightened it around the waist.

Just then, there was a knock on the door and while Andy tried to gather the evidence of blood and tried to find what to do Chase was back at the motel still dealing with Ben's murder.

Chase stood with a masked expression of sadness. He was innocent and so sweet and while the memories in his mind ran raucous Mickey searched for the documented evidence that Adrienne was there.

"I found it, it's under Castello" Mickey said handing Chase the book.

"Room 3 and 4" Chase said turning to the cabinet with hanging keys. He browsed and skimmed past the numbers, that weirdly counted backwards. He found the keys and handed a pair to Mickey. He searched room 3, while Mickey searched 4.

Chase opened the door and the second he did, he noticed her sweet scent. His eyes closed as his mind faded to the picture of her, the memories of brushing against her, skin on skin. The way he kissed her toned skin, the heat that rose between them with every seductive stare. They both just longed to be back home and to them, home wasn't a place. It was a person. He remembers the shivers he got the night they layed side by side talking about fucking Twilight. Her fingertips still trail down his chest and the fire that burns beneath his skin keeps burning. He's waiting for her and her for him. Just one more touch, one last kiss, a chance to go back and dream or back to the night they met.

After closing the bathroom door and leaving Jess trapped but surviving, Adrienne took a breath in. She stood, thinking on her next move. She prepared herself mentally and physically. She was about to fight in a dress, something so impractical but luckily it wasn't the first time. She picked up the fork from the floor and grabbed the rags from the clothes she wore previously, made a rope with it and prepared for the worst. This was at least just temporary until she got a gun from a dead man.

The door swung open without her hands touching the handle and the men came rushing in. Without hesitation she jumped from the bed and swung the rope around the neck of one of the men and stabbed him with the fork through his chest. She unties the rope and uses it to tie around the second man's head, bringing his skull to her knees. She them slams his head into her knee cap. Feeling out of breath she picks the gun from the man she had killed and simply shoots the third.

As Andy sneaks through the hallways, Chase is looking around the room for any sign of his lost lover. He searches abruptly through the drawers, cupboards, pillows and blankets until he walks from the bathroom and notices a brochure underneath the bed. He reaches under the base for the brochure. It reads ' Kalinuhu Resorts ' and Chase immediately jumps and rushes to Mickey. He turns to the door as he sees Chase with the brochure and they both bolt to the car.

"Hello, Kendra...please have the clean up crew drive to this place... I'll send you the location in a minute. Have them clean it up and preserve the body. And get me a helicopter at the nearest field." Chase instructed as Mickey reversed out of the parking and drove in the direction of the resort.

Adrienne as fearful as she was stepped through the open glass sliding door. Her feet bare as they touched the warm sand, she was watching the water on the shoreline as Gabriel slid behind her with his knife in hand. Sliding the knife through her side, he said not a word. She felt the blade like butter, cut in and slide out. The pain was strong but least of her worries as she thought back to her baby. Death was near, she could feel his breath on her neck. But yet again the image of her baby came to mind and she realised if she does not stop him now he'd hunt her one day too.