5. 𝙿𝚄𝙼𝙿𝙺𝙸𝙽 𝙿𝙸𝙴

CESSIER POV

Althea... I tried hard to remember who this person might be but nothing came to mind. 'She is one heck of a scary lady', plus that was her first impression of me. I stared at her expecting a proper introduction. But she looked at me with that smile of hers and an expression that said 'That was all I had to say'.

With a 'tch', I proceeded to welcome her to sit on the chair infront of my desk. By the time I completed my statement, she took her seat reassuringly. 'Damn all that walking and standing really got to my legs. I'm glad she has basic courtesy', she thought as she sat in there smiling at me.

Whoever this person was, needed to be kicked out soon enough. I cleared my throat and asked 'Okay so what's the purpose of your arrival Ms. Aberra?'

I might have imagined it but there was a hint of embarrassment on her face. I read the cranky strings of thoughts in her mind instantaneously with some difficulty regardless.

'Did she really forget? Oh God - what if I got the timings wrong? Shit shit shit. I should get out of here. Think Althea. Think. Should I just be honest? I was here for the job, but I guess Patrick gave me the wrong timings. No. I'll preten-

Before she could dwell in the misery of her tangled string of thoughts. I broke in. 'Oh... Ms. Althea Aberra right? I apologise it took me a moment to remember you. I'm sorry. I remember directing Patrick about the timings.Totally forgot about that.', I faked an awkward smile, or at least tried to fake one before things went more awkward. I didn't even read her resume.

I guess the smiling thing didn't work for I saw a horrid look about her eyes. "Oh no no no, not at all. If you wish to reschedule our meeting, I'd have no problems whatsoever. Don't worry. " she nodded her head quickly.

"I never mentioned anything about rescheduling Ms Aberra.", I frowned adjusting my spectacles.

After studying her thoughts for a few more moments I'd thought I might have a migraine. So I stopped. This woman's mind was plain torture. I'd never met one of her kind in my entire life. What the hell.

I couldn't stand her making loads of nonsensical predictions that would lead to even more nonsensical circumstances, in her mind. In fact I could barely read her mind without my own threatening to shut down completely.

I impulsively agreed to do this. There was no choice left except for calling the shots myself. I had no idea how I was going to handle this. I dismissed the idea of calling Patrick just as quickly as it came. I expertised at digging up my own grave.

"How do you feel about this job?", I decided to go straight out on business.

Her thoughts immediately stopped circulating in unstoppable hurricanes and she seemed to be thinking logically at last. She straightened up and the woman whom I saw killing herself with anxiety a few seconds ago was now somebody else entirely.

She kept her smile intact nonetheless, looking at me pointedly.

"You, have always been such an arcane figure in this organisation. I wanted to know you and see for myself the greatness people claimed you possessed. It will truly be an... honor to work under- no, work with you. When Chief suggested his proposition, I instantly accepted it though I was dead scared about it. "

" I am still an amateur and have got a lot to learn. I wish to learn with you. A young woman in her 20s all over the world of criminology, reclusive and stern. That's how I view you. I don't have any other reasons .", she chuckled.