7 .𝙳𝙴𝙰𝚃𝙷

Name: Coby Dilian
Status: Dead
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Occupation: Actor / performer
Date of Birth: 20th November, 1993
Date of Death: 20th November, 2018
Cause of Death: Poisoning
...
Seems like someone wouldn't let me fly to Edinburgh today. The same pictures flooded my device, smashed head, the limbs separated, eyeballs plucked out. I wanted to go check in right away but it would take me over an hour for sure. Besides, the body had already been taken care of.

'Taken care of', in which way I couldn't bring myself up to fathom or explain. In fact there was nothing really left of this collective physical form we term as his body. All that was left of what vaguely resembled a body of Coby Dilian just yesterday were now mere strips of muscles. It was almost funny how we said "the remains of a body" of a body that was never meant to remain.

I texted Patrick to keep me up with further news , I had to meet our former victim's parents first. Entrusting Althea for this task was the same as asking a four year old to make chicken curry. She would be accompanying me to Edinburgh any how . I turned the knob and waited for tomorrow to be all the more peculiar.

And yes 'tomorrow' was all the more tiring. My colleague turned up two hours late to the office with the excuse of having slept in late because apparently her favourite character in a drama suddenly revived himself. I never faced such abominably ridiculous excuses before so I stared at her blankly, frowning upon her very existence.

Our flight would take off at 2'o clock in the afternoon sharp, so we planned to have lunch at a local restaurant before proceeding to the airport. Dilian's death left delusional teenagers in bursts of malaise and rage. His 'fanbase' started flooding the media with a bunch of theories about his death barely within an hour of the news being released.

I always found it amusing how people say 'rest in peace' to the dead, along with not letting the dead rest with their judgments and insincere sugar-coated condolences. The dead would want to wake up and unalive such people themselves.

At noon we munched on almost burnt hamburgers and drank coke which tasted more bland than water. By 1:45 we were in our seats. It was a 15 hour flight which meant we had solid 15 hours to discuss the prerequisites and move on to our speculations. I pointed out the Coby Dilian case and right now all that we could do was wait . Taking permission from the chief I was allowed to visit the body and the scene of death after returning from Edinburgh.

I stayed up throughout the entire flight and there definitely couldn't have been a more perfect moment than now for my nightmares to have me stay awake. I saw bones being crushed this time around , spoiler alert . It wasn't fun being a detective when I kept getting spoiled at the very instance when cases started getting thrilling . It wasn't fair when the fun was being soaked up so quickly . My colleague snored soundly beside for ten hours of that dreadful ride, unaware of me dying mentally.

At half past five we boarded a taxi to the hotel nearest to the Adams family . I discovered that a major percentage of the human population attained super powers scarier than mine during two instances . 1 ) When they don't get enough sleep 2) food . My extraordinarily exceptional colleague turned out to possess superpowers under both these conditions. The first one I could dodge but not the second . I had decided for us to interrogate roughly an hour after reaching the hotel and settling down; without having breakfast. My decision was turned down by the grimacing woman , her eyes bulging out .

"Ms. Rinne , it'll be better if we have food first" , she stated quietly with her eyes void of emotions, staring right through my soul. Her words flew blankly over the air , almost sounding like an automated robot's voice. I felt like the protagonist of a horror movie left alone with a possessed side character , so I simply nodded my head , startled and weirded out. Thereafter we had breakfast first ; rather she had breakfast , then we set out for our job sharp at 8' o clock.