Chapter Sixteen: Start of the Grand Bout

16. Start of the Grand Bout

1-14-2023

A/N: Happy (belated) new year! I hope all of you are happy and healthy in 2023!

I would've updated earlier but Christmas and New Year on back-to-back weekends, and school coming back so soon, take up time when it comes to preparing. So, I'm REALLY, REALLY sorry for that. BUT I WILL *kinda* RETURN TO A REGULAR BI-WEEKLY SCHEDULE! (*゚∀゚)=3

Are you excited about Dr. Stone Season 3?

-----

"God damn it! We got completely screwed over on our luck!"

You and the rest of the gang went back to the lab once the results of the matchups were revealed. They were the complete opposite of what you wanted.

"There's nothing we can do about it now. We just have to fight with all we got, especially you, Kinro," you stated as you looked over at him.

"Besides, relying on luck isn't part of a scientist's plan. The only thing we can do now is rely on doping!" Senku slammed his hands down on the table to reveal a glass bottle with liquid inside of it.

You raised your eyebrows. "Doping? What, did you make steroids or something?"

Kohaku looked concerned for her well-being after seeing a bowl of leaves and a mysterious liquid inside the bottle. "Yet another suspicious-looking medicine..."

"Kukuku, if I had the materials, I would have really made some doping agents. But unfortunately, we got a healthy alternative," said the scientist. He began to explain the ingredients to all of you, "The primary ingredients are Camellia Sinensis, honey, and Japanese flag. This will allow caffeine to awaken! The sweet flag is to cool you down, and the honey is to spike your blood sugar!"

"Ah...if only we could have it in soda form..." you sighed. Your eyes then wandered to see that Ginro was stuffing all of the ingredients in his mouth. "GINRO--!"

Kinro immediately punched the blonde in the head, causing bumps to form. "YOU IDIOT! Did you seriously eat it all?!"

"I couldn't help it! Just think about it! If Kinro loses, I'll have to fight Magma!" Ginro cried.

Chrome grabbed the jar to see if there were any ingredients left, but it was empty. "I can't believe he ate them raw...there's no more left."

"Guess we need some more sweet flags then," said the scientist.

"Suika will get it! It's a herb by the river, right? Even if Suika is not part of the Grand Bout, Suika can still be useful to everyone!" Suika happily cheered as she rolled out of the laboratory.

You sighed. "Might as well get going. The tournament will start soon, and we can't wait forever. Are you ready, Kinro?"

"You and Kohaku trained us for this. I'm ready as I'll ever be," he replied.

-----

All of you headed to where the tournament was being held, and Magma was standing at one end of the circle. He stood there, with his weapon planted on the ground, waiting for Kinro to arrive. As you all crossed the bridge, a small, but big-bellied, man was running behind all of you.

"Kohaku! It's awful!" He called out to the blonde girl. Now that you got a better look at him, he had a huge head, baggy eyes, and black hair that was cropped short. His clothes made him look like a peasant, as it was ragged and exposed his hairy chest. The man cried out with a suspicious grin on his face, "Suika had gone to the river to pick some medicinal herbs, and she fell in! You're the fastest and most agile! If you don't go now, she'll die for sure!"