Chapter Twenty-Three

Dear Alexander,

I don't know if you've ever wondered this.  You probably haven't but as they say, bare with me.

If butterflies flutter in your stomach, they must alway be there right?  So most of the time are butterflies just sitting there, looking for the right person or moment to fly?

Okay.  You probably think I'm crazy now. I should shut up.

But no one has told me to yet, so...I'll just be stubborn.  Have you ever thought about the color you see things in?

Our flashbacks, and echoes of memories when we good, I see them in blue.  Not a sky blue, not an ocean blue, not a pool blue, not a rain blue, not a navy blue.  A blue like I've never seen before.  One that thunders it's way into the front spot of my brain.

It shows me all it's tricks, all the things I'm missing out on.

Oh, god.  You're never getting this.

You'd think I'm crazy.  And any lingering feelings you might have for me?

Going...

Going...

Gone.

My best friend (or at least I think) has a boyfriend.  Even as I write that word, I wish I could say it.  About you.  Boyfriend.  It does have a ring to it, doesn't it?

They look at each other like there's no one else in the world.  Like they're in some kind of haze, a beautiful dream you never wake up from.

I wish we could have that, you know?  I wish you weren't a selfish, arrogant jerk who fell in love with the wrong girl.

I wish "us" could be a possibility.

Don't you?

Sincerely,

Clarissa