Chapter 2

There's some kind of unspoken law in our school. Some people (me) like to call it the "inverse curse" of sports. This basically means that every sport has an enemy sport. I think it's the dumbest shit because like why? But apparently it's been a way of life at YCA.

It's also been an unspoken rule that when your team's enemy sport wins a big game, celebration parties must be crashed.

"On this very day," is heard booming through the caferteria "we head into battle! And once we have conquered the FOX'S and laid waste to their hopes and dreams, we shall pARTY AT MY HOUSE!" cheers erupt throughout the whole cafeteria after some rugby dude announces this. Josh looks over at me smiling wickedly and i just know what he's going to say.

"Ais," he pokes me "i know what we're gonna do tonight" Josh says smirking. I groan internally, this is gonna be bad.

The rest of the guys at our table start laughing, not even trying to hide the looks in their eyes like little bitches. "This one's gonna be good, we can get back at Renaud and them for interrupting practice yesterday " Tommy says right before the bell rings for the end of lunch and they all making agreeable noises at Tommy.

Everyone gets up to leave, leaving their garbage behind as I get up to throw mine out. But Josh just smacks it out of my hand and grabs my shoulders, "you need a ride tonight, Cap?" I smirk at him before answering.

"Well, I'll probably only need a ride there, If you know what I mean." I say, wiggling my eyebrows. In all honestly, I wasn't planning on getting laid tonight really, I just know it's the right thing to say to get out of him drunk driving me home.

His arm tightens around my shoulders as we walk toward my second to Mr. Hoffman's classroom of terror. "Oh, so that's how it's gonna be, leave me all alone in a pit of rugby-like despair. You'll be off fucking some bitch and I'll be crying for you in the corner." He whines dramatically in a high pitch voice and I push him off.

"Like you'll even remember my name," I reply, punching him in the shoulder. "See you later, bro." He nods.

Walking in to Hoffman's class is literally hell on Earth, he absolutely hates me and I don't know why since I actually do pretty well in his chemistry class. I guess he just generally doesn't like any of the sports people. He always glares me down along with the rugby players in the room, but he does it for no apparent fucking reason.

At least in this class I hardly have to worry about rugby guys in this class though, since you know... science. And the ones that are in here are on the opposite side of the room. So, I take my seat and drown out most of the sounds, of the rugby dudes snickering to each other and Hoffman's shitey voice, as the time passes. Eventually I'm headed to last class and before I know it, I'm on my way home after last bell has rang.

After relaxing and watching Suits for a few hours, my phone buzzes in my pocket and I pull it out. Josh.

7:47 - Fr: jman

bro

7:49 - To: jman

Bro

7:53 - Fr: jman

Ill pick u up in an hour

b ready

I lay my phone down and sigh; they obviously won, so now I obviously can't relax now. "Fuck me," I groan out.

"Aisley, is someone in there with you?" My mom calls out through the closed door of my room. "Who is it and what are you doing in my house??" I can just imagine her face turning red to match her hair.

"Ma, there's no one in here with me," I yell out shoving my head into my pillow. This is so typical her, always automatically assuming the worst.

"oh... you're.. alone in there?" She calls out hesitantly. Oh god.

"I'm not doing anything dirty" I feel heat rise on my cheeks. She burst through the door and lets out a relieved sigh.

"Thank lord," she says despite not being religious at all, scrunches up her freckled nose and makes a gesture around my room "Jesus, clean your room okay? Then you can go out to the party I know you're planning to go to tonight." Amelia Becker, my mother and the holder of all knowledge.

"Alright ma, I'll clean it up, but I don't think I'll be coming home tonight just so you know." She nods at me and tells me to be careful before leaving the room, but not before kissing me on the forehead and telling me to make sure I clean my fucking room.

After that is done, and I take a shower, making myself look as hot as per usual, with my khakis, t-shirt and messy brown hair I have a little time to think about stuff before Josh shows up. Honestly, what I can't get out of my head is the eyes. Connell's eyes, more specifically. I don't know they are always so bright and green even when they're glaring holes through my very existence but whatever I mean, everyone's eyes do that when they're mad.

Pfft, yeah.. everyone's eyes get really vibrant and pretty when they're like that.

Then I remembered feeling myself blush when I looked into them and I sit up roughly from my bed. Nope, not gonna think about it, not something I'm gonna do, nope. Just gonna go downstairs and get some food in me before I leave because I'm actually kind of starving. But when I'm about halfway down the stairs, I hear a car horn blare and I completely forget about eating, I slip on my vans and head out the door, heading over to Josh's jeep I think:

Time to crash this fucking party.