Chapter 10

Okay, firstly, I may have changed the actor for Connell by mistake (but not by mistake)

And I tried to make this one a little longer soooo enjoy :))))

-----------------------------------------

(Connell's POV)

"Man, you told him to... what?" Liam huffs out to me as we jog beside each other on the track. When we got to practice 'Coach' had informed us that we had to be do 25 full laps before we can start the actual practice. If I'm going to be honest, though, I always come up with the plan for practice and he always pretends that it was his idea. Not that that's a big deal or anything; At least, the guys don't get mad at me when they think it's his idea.

'The track' is honestly just the outer area around the field so it's not crazy big, but it's enough for a decent warm-up. And a good talk obviously.

Liam and I are in the front, keeping a steady pace for the team, who are a few meters behind us in a side by side formation. And since we're through our 23rd lap now I've had all the time I needed to vent my anger about the day. One very specific part of my day.

When I reply my voice is low enough that the team can't hear our conversation. Mostly because talking loudly would use up my breath but also because I wouldn't want them hearing us talking about Aisley. "I told him to stay away from that creep! And he just got spazzed out and left."

Liam snorts, bringing his hand up to wipe the sweat off of his face while shooting me an all-knowing look. "Alright, but when did you start caring about what Aisley Becker does?"

I squint at him.

"Have you not been listening to me? Dylan goddamn Arlington is a fucking creep, no one should have to go through his so-called 'friendship'." Liam ignores me to finish his own thoughts as we hit the 24th lap.

"When did you guys even start talking? And why did you have his phone today?" I'm glad that my face is already red due to exertion because it'll probably hide the newfound blush on my face. I keep quiet while I speed up for the last lap, forcing the rest of the team to catch up.

And when they do, Liam's eyes are back on my face, "Are you blushing?"

I shrug, playing it off, but secretly worrying about how much he really notices.

Come to think of it, he's asking a lot of questions. Which is honestly strange, because he usually minds his own damn business. I look over at him accusingly. "What the hell's up with you?" I demand, wheezing slightly, "you're asking a lot... of questions."

Instead of answering me, he looks ahead and then grins. "Gonna beat ya'," He says and he takes off, sprinting.

I smirk, forgetting about my line of questioning, or his I guess as I push off the ground harder than before, racing to catch up to him. And I'm a pretty fast guy if I do say so myself, which is the reason I'm great at backfield.

When I catch up to him, his breathing is out of control but the smile on his face remains as we both try to get ahead of each other. Which I eventually do just by a bit before the last lap ends and we both end up laughing when we collapse on the grass, near our waters.

After a few moments, I've caught my breath and sit up from my position on the ground. I'm about to ask him again why he's decided that he needed to interrogate me today when he speaks up first.

"Wanna see a movie tonight?"

Silence.

"Dude," I say awkwardly. "You mean... like alone?" And yeah, it's not weird for two buds to go to the cinema but it's just not the kind of thing Liam and I do. But he just laughs.