CHAPTER-1

Mallika's pov
TRRIINNG, TRRRIINNNNGGG, TTTRRRIIINNNGGG... The alarm rang. I hurriedly stopped the alarm and adjusted my eyes to the sunlight that was entering my room from the window. I comfortably sat down on my bed taking the pillow on my lap and looked outside the window while cherishing the beautiful morning. The sun was shining bright but the weather was not hot, it was just perfect. The cold breeze was touching my skin giving me a beautiful feeling. Suddenly, it struck in my mind that i will be getting late for college. So, i turned quickly towards my bathroom to get ready for college.

After taking my shower, i wore blue denim jeans and a white shirt. I combed my hair, took my books and ran down. My father and my uncle were sitting in the drawing room on a sofa busy in talking with each other.

I greeted them, "Good Morning."

They greeted me back, "Good Morning beta."

"Mallika you are going to college so early today?" My dad asked me.

"Yes... Actually we are preparing for the independence day celebration and so we are called early to get started with the rehearsals. And because I'm the cultural head, i can't be late papa."

"Okay... But i thought to have a cup of tea. You know how much i like your tea. But it's okay, you must be in a hurry." My uncle said making a sad face.

I giggled, "Making a cup of tea will only take five minutes and it won't make me late at all."

They smiled at me and i went to the kitchen to make the tea. I served them tea along with breakfast.

"Mallika dear, you will surely get late for your college. Don't worry and go to your college. You'll be having lots of work there, so you must leave." My dad suggested.

I nodded them with a smile.

"Okay, then i take your leave and call me if necessary."

I rushed to the bus stop to get a bus to my college. Waiting for the bus, took some more time and unfortunately, i was late for college.

I entered the college and saw Pallavi, a junior but at the same time, a friend of mine came running towards me.

"I was waiting for you, why are you so late?", Pallavi asked.

"Why, what happened, is there any problem?"

"No, not much. We are waiting for the selection. Students are waiting for you and you know it is your responsibility to select them."

"Ok, ok... Don't panic, it won't take much time."

I entered the auditorium where the selection process was taking place. Few junior girls came running to me requesting them to allow them for a solo performance.

""Look, if you deserve then you will be given the solo performance but for that, we need to see your talent."

"Leave them, and check out the chorus team, they are already ready for the song rehearsals", Pallavi whispered into my ears.

I looked towards the chorus team who was already waiting for my signal to start whereas the dancers were staring at me for their turn. I asked the chorus team to start their performance and rested myself comfortably on a seat.

Three hours passed and my body started aching sitting on the chair and my mind was not working at all. I was bored and exhausted by guiding and correcting each team.

Nisha, my bestie entered looking for me.

"Hey, miss cultural head. How much time will it take more to finish this? I want to talk to you. It's personal and important."

"What?, tell me"

"Okay... Let's go, even I'm very tired."

I turned towards Pallavi and asked to look after everything and moved towards the exit with Nisha.

We entered in a empty classroom, switched on the lights but didn't switch the fan on as it was raining outside and the weather turned into a cold one. We rested ourselves on the last bench.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soo, guys thank u soo much for reading and tell me hows the chapter 1, if any quarries then ask me...

Stay tuned!!!

And, dont forget to do vote😁

Meet u all in next till now bye😴