CHAPTER-14

SUMEDH'S POV,

My hands were trembling while driving. I felt a sudden sharp pain in my chest. I drove my car to my home like a mad man.

On entering, i saw my mother sitting on a couch.

"Son, you are back? I thought you'd be late today."

Without giving any response to her, i made my way towards my room.

"Sumedh, what kind of behavior is this? Did you forget your manners?"

"Yes, mom. Because I'm extremely mannerless." I didn't even turn to answer her because i know just by looking at my face, she'll understand the pain that i was going through.

I went straight to my room and slammed the door at my back. I threw my bag and mobile phone somewhere on the floor and i did the same with my shirt too. Mallika's words were non-stop replaying in my mind. The sight of them going together inside the house didn't leave my mind for a second. I started yelling like a mad man.

"Why? Why did you go with him? Did you really mean what you actually said, huh? Are you in love with that bastard?"

I repeated groaning in anger. I clutched my hair irritated. I picked up a vase and broke it into pieces, threw the pillows and the bed sheet, kicked on the chair, threw all the books, and the stationary from my study table. I completely messed up my room.

I stopped when i heard a knock on my door but i was not in a mood to open the door for anyone.

"Sumedh, what's wrong? Son, open the door." My mom cried.

But i didn't bother to reply to her.

"Bhai, what are you doing inside? Why is there so much commotion? Bhai please open the door. Look! Mom is getting tense."

I heard my brother banging at the door but i was not in a mood to have a conversation.

"Bhai, open the door." My brother insisted.

"At least answer me bhai or do you want us to break the door?"

"Everything is fine. Please leave me alone for sometime." I replied to them without opening the door.

"But Sumedh............"

"Mom, please not now." I ranted.

"It's okay mom, give him some time. We'll talk to him later." I heard my brother saying to mom before leaving.

I threw myself on the bed and stared at the ceiling for some time.

"What's wrong with me? Why am i behaving like this? Why is seeing her with someone else burns me from inside?" These questions were constantly hitting my mind.

I got up from the bed and opened the drawer to look for a cigarette. Yes, i do smoke but not regularly at all. I know God has asked us to keep ourselves away from any kind of addiction and that's why I'm not addicted to cigarettes at all. Lame excuse, huh!

I lit up a cigarette and walked towards my balcony when i heard a knock again at my door. I quickly kept the cigarette on an ashtray and opened the door.

"Bhai, are you fine now?"

I didn't answer him. I turned to take the cigarette and moved again to the balcony.

"Bhai, you are smoking? Tell me, what happened?" He stood beside me on the balcony.

"Nothing, Chubstar. I'm fine."

I call my little brother Chubstar because his cheeks were fully chubby when he was a baby. But now he has turned into a handsome young man.

"No, bhai. I know something is troubling you, tell me. Did you have a fight with someone?"

"I told you, I'm fine. Don't worry." I said to him while smoking.

"Really! You are fine? Bhai, i know you are disturbed else you wouldn't have ever touched that cigarette. I know bhai, you only smoke when you're depressed."

"Bhai, we always share problems with each other, then why not this time." He continued.

I kept staring at the sky and continued smoking without even looking at him.

He forcefully turned me to face him.

"Bhai, i can see the pain in your eyes but i know nobody has the guts to fight with you or hurt you, at least not in the college. Then what happened? Tell me."

"But she has." I whispered softly while inhaling the smoke.

"She has? Who has? Bhai, i didn't get it. What do you mean by 'she has'? Wait, wait, wait, all these messes because of a girl? Really, Mr. Sumedh Mundalkgar is smoking and has completely messed up his room because of a girl? It's breaking news, bhai." He teased.

I didn't utter a word but only gave him a death glare.

"Okay, okay, on a serious note. Tell me bhai, who is the lucky girl?"

"Lucky? What luck? Stop these nonsense now and get out of my room." I barked at him.

"Of course, lucky, bhai. She is undoubtedly lucky. Do you think it's easy for Mr. Sumedh Mundalkgar to fall for a girl."

"I haven't fallen for anyone." I gritted my teeth.

"Don't try to hide your feelings from me, bhai. You have never been so serious about any girl ever before but this time.....it's different. It's very much visible from your eyes and of course from this mess too. He said pointing towards all that i did with my room.

Your heart is actually speaking through your eyes. It's useless to deny the fact. You are in love. Yes! THE GREAT SUMEDH MUNDALKGAR IS IN LOVE." He teased me.

"AM I REALLY...... IN LOVE?" I thought.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, readers!

How was the chapter?

And what do you think, will Sumedh realise his feelings in time?
Or will he too late to realise?

Coment your thoughts!!
And vote plsss!!

Bye,
Love u all😘

Your dear,
Author ❤️