Chapter 37 - Riccardo

PRESENT
SONG: CHICAGO - MICHAEL JACKSON
TW!: MENTION OF ABUSE, SH , ETC!

——————————

Two days ago, Aurora got on my nerves so I had to make her happy in every way.

Now I'm sitting in the bathroom , holding her hair while she throws up.

When she's done she looks at me , tired with tears in her eyes.

"Did you eat anything?" I ask. "Pancakes." She replied. "Thats all?" I said. She nods.

"Okay then- I get up- wash your face. We're going to the doctor."

"But , I'm okay. I just didn't ate enough.." she said.

"Aurora. We're going and that's final." I warned.

"Fine.." she whispers.

-

"Sit down. Your analysis will be done in less than ten or five minutes." Dr. Ava said , leaving the room as the nurse follows her.

I kiss Aurora's head. "Everything will be okay. We'll see the result. Okay?" I whisper while stroking her back. "Okay.." she whispered back.

We hear a door opening and a nurse comes in.

"Good afternoon. I'm Alissa Violet and I came to say congratulations! You're pregnant." She said , smiling.

A grin slowly appeared on my face as I look at Aurora.

She looks...confused.

"Mrs. Violet.. I had a miscarriage , would that- would that affect it?" Aurora asks.

"There are twenty percent. But if you're lucky it will be fine."

"Thank you." Aurora said , nodding.

"I'll let you two talk. Have a good day." She leaves and waves at us.

Aurora waves back.

"I- uhm, I'm sorry." She whispers.

I furrow my eyebrows. Why is she sorry?

"Why are you sorry?" I ask , lifting up her chin.

"I'm sorry. I'm a failure. I just lost a baby and now I'm pregnant again.."

"And why's your fault? You're not a failure. You're perfect. You're more than perfect. Do you understand, principessa?" I ask , while I take her hands and kiss them.

"I understand. I love you." She whispers.

I kiss her cheek. "I love you too , love. Let's go home. Shall we?"

"Yeah. Let's go home." She said , happy.

She gets up and we exit the hospital. I open the car door for her and she enters in the back seat behind me.

"I want cookies." Aurora whined.

"No cookies for you. You need to eat food and then candy."

I look in the rearview mirror and see her raising her middle finger at me. I laugh and show her back.

"Okay. We're here." I said , exiting the car , opening Aurora's door.

I open the door and I let Aurora enter first. We go upstairs and she throws herself on the bed.

"Home sweet home." She mumbles.

Before I could say anything my phone rings.