Prologue

In life when you receive one bundle of a blessing it can already be counted as joy to the family, but what if you received two bundles of joy sent from above to bring joy, happiness, and love to the family?

Two strings attached to one another bound from one soul. Cannot be Separated to be concluded but when in reality they're bound together to separate from one another.

Things you didn't expect come the most, and a whole new wide world to embrace. Things collide you never expect to fall into the place where it wasn't supposed to be at.

A droplet of water or tears that continuously fall, grass and flowers bloom towards it. And that's what you are, you gave the love and strength to bloom something. But as a flower it also fades or wither, and that symbolizes the family. They're the flower whom you never expect it to be.

...

"I'm sorry, mommy.." Yana uttered while her tears were streaming down her cheeks.

Riyana Ray M. Araneta was the youngest daughter of Irene Marcos-Araneta and Greggy Araneta. Yana was known for being the most intelligent in her school, she could solve a mathematical problem in just one look. Yana was the sweetest, the most caring, the most kind but she was also the toughest among them. She used to live her life like a princess but everything has changed in a snap.

"Puro na lang ba ganyan ang gagawin mo? Hindi ka ba nahihiya ha?! Wala ka nang ginawang tama!" Irene half shouted at her daughter.

Irene Marcos-Araneta was a mother of four children. She's very passionate about everything that she loves to do. She is into art and music, always have been and always will be. She really was a very good mother to her children, most especially, to her youngest daughter. Irene was the mother every child would dream of... but that was before.

"Can you please lower your voice, hon? Natatakot ang anak mo" Greggy conveyed softly. He's caressing his wife's arms to calm her down.

Gregorio Araneta was the father of Riyana and the husband of Irene. He is the current chairman of Philweb. He is also chairman, president, and chief executive officer of Araneta Properties Inc. His children thought that he is the best father in the whole wide world.

"Dad's right, don't shout." Alfonso uttered shortly.

Alfonso Araneta was the eldest among the siblings. He is Riyana's best buddy. He could stay all day long beside his sister if he needed to do it. Alfonso is well aware about the happenings in their family. The eldest yet the softest but isn't the weakest. He will talk short and calm and he knows what is right and wrong.

"Huwag na makisali kuya, sila ang nag-uusap e" Luis interjected. Alfonso glared at him but he avoided his gaze.

Luis Araneta was the second prince of Irene and Greggy. He is the complete opposite of Alfonso. If Alfonso was Riyana's best buddy, well Luis is Riyana's enemy. Well not totally an enemy. He is close to his mother and his other sister. I can say that he is the black sheep in the family.

"What do you want me to do? Hayaan siyang sigawan lang ang kapatid ko?" Alfonso replied to him. Greggy can feel the tension between them.

"Luis, Alfonso.. that's enough" Greggy stopped them.

"What happened ba?" Greggy once again opened his mouth to ask her daughter and his wife. Riyana just bowed her head.

"She got into a fight earlier.. The Dean called me, pinatawag 'yan sa principal's office" Irene answered. She's massaging her temple as she sat down on the sofa.

"Is it true?" Alfonso asked his sister. He knows that there's a story behind that.

Riyana nodded her head softly. "See" Luis uttered..

"Why? Bakit ka sumali sa away?" Greggy asked her. Riyana looked at him and took a deep breath before answering.

"Because-- nevermind. I'm sorry but it wasn't my fault. Hindi po ako ang nauna" Riyana answered. She thought wala namang pakialam sa kanya ang mommy niya kaya what's the point of telling the reason.

"Okay, tell us whenever you're ready bunso. Go upstairs na, change your clothes. We'll go to the mall" Alfonso said and commanded.

Riyana immediately obliged. She went upstairs but even before she could open the door, she fell on her knees. Her head hurts

"Help me!" She can hear the voice in her mind repeatedly.

"Yana, please," Another voice pleaded.

"Stop please I'm tired of you, get out of my head" Riyana half shouted, she tried her best to stand up and went inside her room. She locked herself and cried.

Meanwhile, Alfonso is waiting patiently for his little sister when his mother approached him.

"Why are you here, mom? Why aren't you in your office?" Alfonso asked her sarcastically. Even he, isn't on good terms with his mother.

"I want to talk to you about Riyana. You know, she's been so disrespectful lately" Irene conveyed, which surprised Alfonso.

"She isn't. You are" He talked shortly.

Irene gasps."How dare you.."

"That's the truth. After that accident, you've been neglectful. You have neglected us, especially Riyana. Mommy you've been disrespecting her. She needs you! Tama na ang pagbulag bulagan!" Alfonso stood up from his seat. Clenching his fist.

"I'm hurt, Alfonso! Anong gusto mong gawin ko? Maging sweet sa kanya after nang nangyaring 'yon?!" Irene fought back.

Unbeknownst to their knowledge, Riyana is on the stairs. Listening to them.

"Ma, nasasaktan din siya! Ilang taon na rin ang nakalipas oh! Kung patuloy mong gagawin ang mga ginagawa mo, siguradong mawawala rin siya sa'yo! Open your eyes and seek for the truth!" Alfonso said firmly. His tears are forming in his eyes.. He's ready to fight his parents for the sake of his sister.

"Alam kong walang kasalanan ang kapatid ko. Tama na ang pagsisisi sa kanya." Alfonso said before he decided to go to his sister's room to check her up.

"Y-yana?" Alfonso conveyed as soon as she saw his sister. She's sobbing weakly and quietly on the stairs. Alfonso immediately hugged her.

"Everything will be alright in time. Mommy will be back, bunso. Just please hold on" Alfonso consoled his sister.

...

Sa buhay walang perpekto pero hindi ibig sabihin no'n ay madadala mo na ang isang pagkakamali ng isang, "sorry" lang.

Hindi batayan ang sakit para gumawa pa ng isa, hindi sa lahat ng pagkakataon dapat may sisihin sa mga bagay na nangyayari. Sa buhay maraming puwedeng mangyari kahit hindi natin gustuhin dahil kahit balik-baliktarin at ipilit man ang gusto natin tadhana pa rin ang magdedesisyon sa takbo ng buhay.

There would always be chances to give but what if chances had run out of time already just because we were too blinded by the mournful emotions we had inside that we didn't even notice that time had snapped already and regrets are things that had remained and left within us.

For all the years she's no one within your eyes and the next thing you knew you couldn't see and feel her presence anymore.

...