Chapter 2

A day passed by quickly and today is the day that the family will go to Ilocos Norte.

They're currently preparing themselves and their things.

"Is everything okay na?" Imee asked them. They just nodded their heads. "Okay, let's go," She added after she checked if everything was settled already.

They hopped on their van. Irene, as the napilitan, sat down on the shotgun seat.

Imelda, Aimee, Yana, and Imee are at the back of the driver. They were chitchatting, telling stories, joking around and laughing at each other's corny jokes. While Irene, she was just listening to them. Feeling jealous but she shrugged it off.

"Please lower your voices. Hindi lang naman kayo ang tao dito sa sasakyan" Irene said to them before she put her airpods on.

Riyana secretly rolled her eyes and decided to rest dahil mahaba-haba pa ang iba-byahe nila.

She then leaned on her tita Imee's shoulder and after just a few minutes, she's already asleep.

Aimee and Imee are still talking and joking around when Irene looks in the mirror.

"Natutulog na yan, ang ingay niyo pa rin" she said, making Imee look at Yana as well.

"Oh sorry, I didn't know," she apologized.

Irene just sighed and continued browsing on her phone.

Not so long after, they stopped over in San Fernando, Pampanga.

Imelda, together with Aimee, headed to the public comfort room. While Irene was nowhere to be found.

Yana, on the other hand, just woke up from her nap.

"Tita? Where are they?" She asked her tita Imee.

"Oh you're awake na pala. Nag-wiwi lang si mama Meldy mo then bibili sila ng makakain" Imee answered her. Yana just nodded her head.

Not so long after Imelda together with Aimee was already on their way to the car holding some paper bags as they buy some snacks for them to munch while on the road, after some minutes, finally, Irene is back.

"Ang tagal mo saan saan ka ba nagsusuot ha?", Imee ask and hiss

"Bumili lang", Irene answered shortly as she fixed her seatbelt.

Once again silence occupied them as Imelda was napping already while Riyana's two titas looked like they ran out of chika.

"Tita did you buy bread po? Gutom na ako", Riyana asked as she pouted

"Hala sabi ko na e may nakalimutan ako! Sorry Iyaa I forgot to buy your donuts", Aimee said

"No worries tita, may chips naman po diba? Can I have that one bag of Calbee instead?"

"Oh yeah sure he-", Aimee was cutted off when Riyana's mother Irene interrupted the conversation.

"Here", Irene simply uttered as she gave the paper bag containing donuts and handed her over a bottle.

"Ah no need na po, may chips naman here and I think you bought that one for you po", Riyana answered, she didn't expect that one and yes she's in shock at some point.

"No you eat it, I bought that one for you. You didn't eat breakfast earlier so you can't just eat chips na walang laman ang tiyan mo"

Riyana just then gets it, "thank you".

Irene didn't answer back but rather she focused herself again on the road and sometimes checking her phone, while Riyana was busy munching her food while reading and scrolling through her phone as her two titas as well as her lola were in their deep slumber already.