Chapter 11: Dan Schneider

I walked into my English class, feeling a mix of emotions. I was excited to see my friends and start the day, but I was also nervous. My favorite teacher, Mr. Thompson, wasn't there. He had been arrested for possession of child pornography, and he was being replaced by a new teacher, Mr. Schneider.

I had always looked up to Mr. Thompson. He was a great teacher and a role model to me. I couldn't believe that he had been arrested for something so heinous. I felt betrayed and confused.

I took my seat and looked around the classroom. I saw a few of my friends, and they all had the same sad and shocked expressions on their faces. We whispered to each other, trying to make sense of what had happened.

Mr. Schneider walked into the classroom, and the whispering stopped. He was a tall, fat man with glasses and a stern expression. He looked nothing like Mr. Thompson.

"Good morning, class," he said. "I'm Mr. Schneider, your new English teacher. I know that you're all probably feeling a mix of emotions right now, and that's perfectly understandable. But let's try to move past that and focus on our lesson for today. We're going to be discussing the symbolism in Shakespeare's plays."

I tried to pay attention to Mr. Schneider's lesson, but my mind kept drifting. I couldn't believe that Mr. Thompson was gone, and I couldn't shake the feeling that Mr. Schneider was a complete stranger. I didn't know if I would be able to trust him or look up to him like I had with Mr. Thompson.

The rest of the day went by in a blur. I went through the motions of my usual routine, but I felt like I was in a fog. I didn't feel like myself, and I didn't know how to cope with the changes that had been thrust upon me.

I went home after school, feeling exhausted and overwhelmed. I didn't want to talk to anyone or do anything. I just wanted to curl up in bed and forget about everything.