Chapter 17 : A Very Busy (and Awkward) Day!

(3RD POV) (Liyue Harbor)
[After Musashi and the others done examine those Jade Sample, they decides to go back Liyue Harbor and meet Shitou again.]
Shitou: "You're back, my friends! I've kept the goods for you. Which of them would you like?"
Lumine: "The third one, please."
Paimon: "Exactly, that's the one Paimon remembers too!"
Shitou: "No problem. If you have your eye on this one, you can have it."
Zhongli: "Then we'll take a box of the third type of jade."
Shitou: "Done!"

[Shitou takes a box of a very good quality of Nautilous Jade and give it to Musashi.]
Musashi: "Thanks, boss."
Shitou: "All the same... Pardon me for asking, but I'm curious. Whatever do you need this much top-quality Noctilucous Jade for?"
Zhongli:" Hmm... I suppose it would not hurt to tell you. We need them to make implements for the Rite of Parting."
Shitou: "Parting...?"

[And suddenly, Shitou widened his eyes.]
Shitou: "Oh dear... I'd heard the rumors but hadn't given much thought to them. This... this means that Rex Lapis really is..."
Musashi: "Unfortunately... It is true, boss."
Shitou: "It's hard to believe. Even though the Jade Mystery has been in decline, we have always been under his protection. It is said that when our Lord lost his way while going incognito in the city two hundred years ago, it was a spoon from The Jade Mystery that he had used to sample the local delights."

[Shitou could only sigh in sadness after he realized that he has just the God he always praise.]
Shitou: "Alas, alas, all things must pass... Well, if this is to be used to say farewell to Rex Lapis, then I shall sell this to you at half the price."
Paimon: "Are you sure? You didn't wanna even give us an inch before..."
Shitou: "If not for our Lord's protection, this city wouldn't exist as it does now. No proprietor could earn money off such a thing."
Paimon: "Aww... I'm sure Rex Lapis will feel your sentiment, boss."
Zhongli: "In the safe hands of the Liyue Qixing and good, honest merchants such as yourself, I, for one, believe that Liyue will continue to prosper as it always has done."
Lumine: "So let's not get ourselves down just yet."

[Shitou feels encouraged after hearing the gang's encouragement.]
Shitou: "Alright... thank you, my friends. Hah, what's with me, getting all sentimental like this? I'll practically be giving away all my fortune at this rate."
Zhongli: "Now that we've made our choice, let's take this Noctilucous Jade back."
Paimon: "Hey, wait a minute! He said it was half price, not that we could leave without paying!"
Zhongli: "Oh, right, I'm sorry. I must have forgotten to do that too. Let me see..."

[And... Zhongli is checking his pocket, and as expected...]
Zhongli: "...As I thought, I didn't bring any."
Paimon: "Any what?"
Zhongli: "Mora."

*BRUAGH!*
[Instantly, Musashi, Lumine and Paimon fell to the floor comically after hearing Zhongli's short and straightforward, but nonsensical answer that he didn't bring any Mora.]
Musashi: "God Damn it, sensei! You didn't bring any with you!?"
Zhongli: "My apologies, another oversight on my part.

[Lumine and Musashi just sighed on the spot.]
Lumine: "What a strange take on the value of money...
Musashi: "A local of Liyue who doesn't have money on their mind..."
Paimon: "That won't do, this isn't some small sum... Oh wait, didn't Childe give us some advance funds earlier?"
Lumine: "I have them on me."

[Paimon sighed in relief. At least... They have Mora to pay Shitou.]
Paimon: "Phew! Have a look, boss, is it enough?"
Shitou: "It's fine, just enough for half price... though to be honest, it'd be alright even if the sum wasn't quite enough."

[Lumine gives Shitou a exact amount of Mora to pay those Nautilous Jade. And, they walk away from Shitou...]
Zhongli: "Well, it's settled, then. Let's take this jade to Yujing Terrace. That's where we plan to hold the Rite..."
Paimon: "Look at you, bossing everyone around! You didn't cough up a single Mora!"
Lumine: "Please remember to bring money next time."