Chapter 50 : Finding The Proof and Regaining Her Trust!

(3RD POV)
(Sometimes later after Lumine confronted Scaramouche... At Grand Narukami Shrine.)
????: "Repeat after me..."
Lumine: "Urgh..."

[Lumine grunts in pain. She slowly opens her eyes.]

Yae Miko: "Three, two, one

Yae Miko: "Three, two, one... One, two, three, ahhhh, ahhhh." Come on."

[Lumine finally opens her eyes completely and shocked to see her.]
Lumine: "Yae Miko!?"
Yae Miko: "Oh? You recognized me right away. Your brain seems relatively unscathed, this is good news."

[Lumine slowly tries to stand up as she helped by Paimon. Yae Miko chuckles.]
Yae Miko: "It's just as well, really, with the amount of effort it took me and my servant to get you back here. Honestly, it was like you were glued to the ground back there."
Paimon: "Uh, Miko, Paimon's been wanting to ask you about something. How come you're acting so differently from when we first met you?"

[Yae Miko blinks twice before answering Paimon's answer with obvious smile.]
Yae Miko: "Am I? Maybe it's because I had the other shrine maidens leave. Anyway, I've always been like this. People show you whatever side of themselves they want you to see. I know this for a fact. Every side of me is the real me. People just like to define things in all sorts of arbitrary ways. This is a human society - at the moment, anyway - and I'm just doing as I please."
Paimon: "Uh... Paimon didn't quite follow."

[Yae Miko chuckles again after looking at Paimon's cute reaction. Lumine takes a deep breath and...]
Lumine: "How did you do it? I mean... How did you save me from The Balladeer?"
Paimon: "Right! Paimon was so focused on the Traveler that Paimon didn't notice what you did to get Scaramouche off our backs..."
Yae Miko: "What if I told you it was a secret art from the Grand Narukami Shrine, and that I had The Balladeer down on his knees begging for mercy in an instant... Would you believe me?"

[Lumine and Paimon just looking at Yae Miko with eyes of disbelief. And just like that, Yae Miko laughed softly after teasing them.]
Yae Miko: "Hehe, well, maybe you should be worrying less about that and more about how exactly you are going to thank me... no? Hmm, maybe some of your neural circuitry is less intact than I thought..."

[Lumine just keep her calm and bows her head.]
Lumine: "Thank you ever so much, Yae-sama."
Yae Miko: "I didn't mean you had to be so formal about it. I need your actions, not your words, hehe."

[But then, Yae Miko chuckles again, leaving them confused.]
Yae Miko: "But maybe... If you want to say thank you... You can say it to my lovely servant over there."

[Yae Miko points her finger towards the temple. Lumine and Paimon widened their eyes as they saw their best friend, Musashi is sitting on the stairs near the temple.]
Paimon: "S-Slime's Lover!?
Yae Miko: "Or... should i say your Ex-girlfriend?"

[Lumine swiftly glares at Yae Miko, but her eyes turned to shock when Yae Miko shows a seal on the back of her right hand.]

]