Chapter Twelve

Gena was in her art studio standing in front of a big canvas guiding her paint brush over the the fabric of the board. The sound of her music blasted through the speaker as she sang along. Her body moved with the song as she painted.
The song stopped for a second as her phone alerted her of a message that was coming through.                                            As the song came back on she hummed along. Putting the paintbrush in the cup of water she made her way to her phone. She picked up her phone and unlocked her screen. Her eyes got wider as she read the message.                                       She stopped her song and went to her contacts. When she found the name she wanted she tapped on it and placed the phone next to her ears as she switched off her speaker. After the fourth ring the voice mail activated. "Hi this Nathan Brimers, I am not at the phone right now..." Before the voice mail could finish she ended the call and tried again. "Come on Nath,please pick up." She mumbled. When she heard the voice mail again she grumbled. She closed all her paint and got her stuff together before she made her way out of the studio.
After locking the door she raced to her car and climbed in. The car barely turned on as she drove out on to the street.

While she drove she called her son once more, this time someone answered. "Hello?" A voice whispered. The voice sounded like it belonged to a child, and it was oddly familiar to Gena. "Hi who am I talking to and can you put my son on the phone please." She asked. "Miss Gena?" The voice asked surprised. "Yes, that's my name." She replied before shaking her head. "Never mind where is my son?" She ask again. "Ya son just went out, he's going in to the school building." The girl answered. "I can't believe I was talking to Cass's brother, she would be really sad if he got hurt." As the girl said that, Gena finally realized who she was talking to. "Nadia, is that you?" Gena asked."Yes ma'am, it's me." Nadia answered. "What is going on over there Nadia, why do you have my son's phone with you?" At this point Gena was nervous and wanted answers. "The school is being held hostage ma'am, and your son went in to the building." Nadia explained. "He said he wanted to see what he could do." She went on. Gena almost stopped her car out of shock. "What." She mumbled."Are you telling me that the school really is being held hostage and he went in there?!" She basically shouted. "Sshh, they might come around and find me." Nadia warned. "Are you also there?"Gena hoped that Nathan didn't bring the girl with him. It was bad enough that he went in without any support, but he would just put her life in danger as well. "I am in the security booth." Nadia replied. "I hid there with the security guard after I snuck out of the building," She explained. "Okay, I am on my way." Gena replied. "No ma'am please don't come, it is really dangerous and I don't want anybody else to get hurt." Nadia said.

At that moment sirens could be heard on her phone. "It sounds like the security team is here." Nadia said. "Good, I am half way there, call to them and get their attention." Gena said as she made a turn in the road. "Okay ma'am." Nadia replied before she started to open the door. She waved her hands. "Over here!" She called out.
Suddenly gun shots were heard and Nadia screamed. "Get the girl to safety!" Was the last thing she heard along with a few extra gun shot before the line went completely dead.
At that moment the whole situation and the danger it held started to completely sink in. Fear over came her as a million of scenarios and questions started to fill her mind. Is Nadia okay are her children okay? What is happening in the school at the moment? Did anybody get hurt? How are those poor children handling all of this?"
She ended the call and dialled her son's number again. "The person you have dail is not available at the moment, please try again later." Gena tried to call again just to hear the same response. A growl escaped her lips as she hit her steering wheel. "Dang it!" With no hesitation she stepped on the gas pedal and the car picked up speed. All she knew was she needed to get to the school and fast. As she made it by a circle a car cut her off and drove right in front of her. She stopped the car just in time. "Idiot!" She called out as she pressed the car horn. "I don't understand the nerve of some people." She put her car in first gear and entered the circle.
As she exited the circle her mind went back to the school. "I really hope they are okay." She spoke to herself. "And that Nathan knows what he's doing."