I

Long blond hair that fell to her back in cascading curls. Her hair always draped in such a flattering way against her ivory skin freckled skin. The warm sandy tones fell in curtains in an all too adorning way against her frame. Vexing deep amber and soil colored eyes that held my gaze with such intent and love. An inquisitive gaze fell upon me as my all too beautiful sister stared back at me. Reddened cheeks as if there were a chill in the air this morning. A crimson red gown adorned with golden fashionable cords and accents to make her gown flashier. I cared not as to why she eyed me, whether her gaze gripped me with a sense of love for her brother or adoration of a lover mattered little to me. As long as she stared at me, I felt content. Her strange hidden intelligence peered in and out of her siren shaped eyes. I knew all too well, that many men before me allowed her bewitching and enchanting look to blind them from her sly, intelligent, and power hungry mind. Her husband was no exception.

He met his end at the bottom of a bottle of mead and an arrow through the gut during a tragically timed hunting accident. Between us siblings, we knew this was all but an accident. Cersei the gorgeous, intelligent, queen sister was the orchestra behind the end of the drunkard's life. The uneasy feeling we all feel around her as men, was a warning. The same way some snakes rattle when you come too close, that uneasy gut inclination was her way of projecting her power. Poor Robert Baratheon, her pig of an ex-husband, met his end by underestimating her ability to kill. Although the man was a monster-a molester of young girls. The lazy king that once was left all the work and delegation to my sister, his queen. She began to wilt and waste away like a rose in the High Garden heat. Fearing for her sons Tommen and Joffery and their mental safety-doing anything to avoid them from throwing themselves over the edge of the Red Keep. She did anything and everything she could to keep them safe like any mother would. Even if that meant killing her husband. However, we all knew that this set the perfect scene for our succession. To rule for generations if we played our cards correctly.

Tommen would make a fair king, although as fragile as the first breeze of spring. He would make a wonderful, cool headed, and fair king. He would most likely wed a good woman who would steer him in the correct direction, and have a few children. Although-I knew my son did not fall that far from my tree. He too liked the touch of a man from time to time and although we knew this-if the public knew they would kill him. The church would excommunicate him. As level headed and fair as he is-he would be killed for his urges if he doesn't end his life by his own hand.

Then there is my shit headed, ultra aggressive, not personable, entitled son-Joffery. The boy is nothing more than a five year old throwing temper tantrums constantly. He is very aggressive to those who he shouldn't be. He burned bridges faster than a harbor fire. He is power hungry and unlikable. He hand this habit of sneering when someone spoke which comes off as rude. He is spoiled, entitled, and rude. He would most certainly be murdered if he became king, and it would just be a matter of time. He is hated by many-even his own mother favored Tommen over him. At the hands of an abusive alcoholic father Joffery suffered greatly and learned hate far before love. The only saving grace for this spoiled shit is a good wife who can control him.

"We are expecting guests." Cersei states breaking my train of thought. The sound of wine splashing against a golden challis filled the air, her sixth cup of wine this morning. The adored queen was covered in the color of crimson red, an unfriendly color to those who are visiting. The color that Cersei projects as power. Ladies in waiting carefully braid, pin, and sew her hair style together on the top of her head. Ensuring she looked fabulously wealthy. "We must treat them with great respect. They will ensure my sons sit upon their father's thrown, rule this country, and keep them safe." she enthused. I hadn't seen her so hopeful in years. A renewed faith that she could somehow twist these people into doing whatever she wished. Although my mind seemed weightless and thoughtless, all I could fixate on was the love of my life whom sat in front of me. I never thought I could adore my sister-the mother of my children more that how I already have. She spoke with such a lack of grace around me, something that I have always preferred. "We needs these foreigners. They have the best navy and the best army. This family is the key to our survival-" she beings. she began to stress slightly. I walked towards her and knelt against the floor as I rubbed her hands absent minded to soothe her. Her hot breath that smelled like a vineyard in the summer spread across my face. Her lips parting and releasing shaky and stammering breaths.