V

We both knew we had no choice in the sense of marriage and betrothal. It would be harder if she married someone for love and it would be harder for me if I did the same thing. We've been sneaking off with one another in an attempt to not be complete strangers to each other before our marriage, and this helped. I wasn't as forthcoming with things but then again neither was she.

As custom to the Huns the wedding was to be simple. Whereas as at the end of the festivals we will be back on our way to King's Landing to be wed there as well in my home country as a part of our customs. Her father stood in front of her room's door so that way he could ensure that I didn't peak a look at my bride. I was dressed in my finest dress attire. A black and burgundy red trouser and shirt with a vest and a jacket. It felt strange as back at home I would wear my nicest armor. They had walked me down the aisle toward the fire pit and then the pulpit made of stone.

The entire village and everyone was dressed ready to watch us begin the first steps of our lives together. The priest spoke to me in my native tongue.

"Sir Jamie...jump the fire of life as your last steps without a partner." He tells me and it was a small fire but still it was strange but I did as I was told.

I eagerly awaited to see what she would look like and as I watched and waited I was not let down.

On her head was a beautiful hand made crown of red poppies and various wild red flowers. Her deep burgundy dress fit her perfectly. The chest piece crossed her chest without exposing her. The sleeves were soft and light cloth that stretched tightly across her arms. Her lips were a soft red and it brought her features a softness and innocent aura that made my heart flutter. Her dark hair in a braid with the curls falling beautifully down her back as she moved and approached me she had the sweetest smile on her face which made my heart skip a beat. I am a lucky man to have such a strong woman by my side. But what about Cersei? Who will love her? Am I being selfish?

Her father walked her down to me but he paused and took the flower crown off of her head and instead replaced it with her mother's crown. A rose gold crown with the most intricate designs I had ever seen and the stones looked just right. The once rainy atmosphere shined sunlight down on her as soon as it was placed upon her head. She was born to be queen. The crown suited her well and fit her perfectly. It all felt like a dream. The priest told her to hop the fire as well which she did easily. Reaching me at the altar. I smiled at her and absentmindedly reached across and held her hand closest to the priest. The crown was beautiful and it sat upon the beautiful woman's head. She was going to be my wife, and now I'm exposing Cersei to vulnerability of being remarried.

"Warriors very rarely find the happiness they deserve and today I have the greatest pleasure in wedding two warriors." he tells his heathen congregation. "No one is more deserving of happiness than Sir Jaime Lannister and Princess Holdvilag Hunor." he continued and I was surprised to hear her full name fill the air with such grace. "Sir Jaime is new to all of us Hun Riders but what we do know and understand that Sir Jamie has honor like none other in his family. Courage forged in the crushing crucible of war. He also loves our princess like none of us Huns ever would." he continues and she smiles at me softly. We both know that what we both have is not love, it's more like a mutual understanding. We are married after this because that's what the children of kings do. "Do you, Sir Jaime, ride as a Hun with the courage of our undying forefathers, those who were persecuted and exploited as slaves in Mongolia. Those who had the willingness and the strength to stand up to their oppressors and begin a very strong fighting nation. Do you take a vow to stand up against oppression against our brothers and sisters? Do you stand up and fight for the Hungarian people and in honor for the Huns?" he inquires and I nod my head looking at my father who gave me a honorable head bob. I can't fuck this up for him. A strong army and navy is what we need. It keeps Cersei and my children as safe as it can. I love Cersei. Maybe I could learn to love Holdvilag and Cersei at the sametime.