II

"How does it feel to be belittled dear sister?" Laszlo's voice squirrels out of the ajar door that leads to his sister's room. His voice carried out of the room and down the hall. Tyrion and I couldn't help but listen to the words that had stopped us in our tracks and peaked our interest. "Your reputation was pegged on me! Because I'm the son!" he laughs boisterously loud. The incredible belly laugh was heard down the hallway. "Oh father! May we never leave!" he pleads to his father with a shipload of hope to truly never leave.

"How fortunate are you to have a reputation that precedes you." she begins with a laugh. He seemed genuinely annoyed with her remark back at him. She leaned back on her wooden chest that her dresses were neatly stored in. The carefully designed wooden crate was fully of dense imagery of what I assumed were childhood bedtime stories and legends. "If only you could prove that it is your reputation that you have camouflaged yourself..." she snarks at him in an almost alluring way. Dark curly hair pushed up against the wall, I could see her in the background of yet another seedy tavern. Drinking her ale while leaning alluringly against a wall eyeing a man or woman up and down like that, she would be confused with a prostitute. Maybe even a lady of the night. She was clearly far more intelligent and stronger than what we had previously expected. As if being a Hun woman wasn't badass enough already. She has carefully pulled out a dress to wear for dinner.

"HOW DARE YOU!" he shouts at her as he gets in her face. "I will be king one day! I will be the best KING of the Huns one day!" he yelled in anger and she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Oh please." she groans at his bellyaching and his arrogance. "You are nothing but a spoiled brat taking a title which doesn't belong to him." She informs him with the same amount of sass. "You may be King one day, but I will be the one that keeps my father's crown on your childish head." she reminds him. She played the role of the sweet princess very well. Behind closed doors, she was the sharpest woman and the powerplayer. It was clear to me that she was the one to impress, kind of the Huns here or there, she was the boss.

"If only you were a man." Her grandfather chuckles at her clear cunning and intelligence. This begged more questions. It was clear that her tone read anger and frustration with her brother.

"Thankfully, Laszlo is far more intelligent than he sees and better with a sword." Her father states with a look of annoyance at his own father. "She's only good for breeding and marriages. She's already won the favor of the two princes." He responds in pride. "It may be that the Gods have blessed me afterall. She may be mouthy and dull but at least she is beautiful." He states with a very happy sound in his voice.

"She looks far better in a dress than you." Her grandfather chuckles after they all stopped exchanging looks. "She also doesn't look or act like a 'barbarian' or 'savage' that may have saved us." he responds with a smile as he tucks a stray strand of her hair behind her ear. It was clear that he loved and nurtured his granddaughter.

"I cannot stand the fact that you empower her to feel stronger than she actually is. She believes she is stronger and smarter than she actually is. She has such an inflated sense of self thanks to you." her brother whines. He looks at her with nothing more than annoyance, it was clear that her father and brother never truly loved or cared about her. However, she and her grandfather were close. It is possible that he had raised her instead of her father. Although my relationship with my father is also strained it is not nearly as strained as hers. "Such outrageous statements to inflate her ego." he cackles loudly at his own daughter.

"What did you discover to help us play this alliship to our strengths? At least you could be helpful for that." Her father states in curiosity as well as annoyance as if he wanted to drop the topic entirely. He hated his daughter with every fiber of his being. It was clear from the looks he gave her.