X

No one truly ever wins a war. One side just faulters and fails more consistently than the other until their soldiers and armies crumble and fall. The opposition of the fallen soldiers and army pulled off more heinous crimes, sieges, and murdered others in droves. At the end of the day victory and defeat-winners and losers- are all part of the same vicious cycle of life. Kingdoms are beaten and trampled until their people, soldiers, and warriors arise from the oppression until they defeat their oppressors. Then those oppressors become the oppressed until they become so angry and so vengeful that they rise up against those they once oppressed to win back the position in which they once they were to oppress their oppressors who they once oppressed not all that long ago. I vicious cycle-an endless wheel of suffering-there are only temporary winners and temporary losers. One day, the tides turn. 

Today as I peer across the bow of my ship as the tides crash against the back guiding us closer and closer to Kingslanding, I can't help but wonder...have I truly been victorious? It has been many moons, many fortnights, away from my husband whom I was only wed to a half a fortnight before being separated. He could have moved on with a mistress or another maiden he could fancy in the night and in his lonesome. Was it his sister? Again? Would it be wrong of me to hope it was a bar wench? I lost my father-his death although it rattled me to my core was coming. It hade been coming for a very long times. My uncle was slain in a battle-and he too has died. My grandfather and grandmother were all that were left of my family-I was orphaned and for the most part alone. My brother broke a sacred oath. The Jury of elders tried him and found him guilty of murdering his father-an honorable tribesmans and warrior-but also the King. We swore as warriors and as people that we would not kill each other because respectable warriors should work out their differences.

Who actually won this war? 

Who benefits from this merciless bloodshed? 

Did I uphold my values and morals as a Hun and as a Warrior? Were my deceptive victories worth the protection that my people receive from the Lannister's? Or did my men and women die in vain like my brother?

Kingslanding was beautiful from afar, the large strong buildings and the glittering glass buildings. Small spots of greenery on balconies and terraces. The sunrise behind us casting cotton candy colors across the waters with a mix of amber hazes. The hues of reds, golds, yellows, pinks, and blues intermixed with the wonderous dazzling light reflecting off of the surface in billions of diamonds, rubies, and sapphires. As if broken glass were the surface of the water and the ships sliced through them with ease disrupting the wonderous skyscape. 

I knew that with my return and my navy's return came the attention of the royals from all over the continent and the people's attention. I did not want attention. It was the last thing I desired at this very moment. After months of being at sea and months of repressed grief I am certain that I was in not shape or sort to be in any noble or royal's attention. In my gut, I knew rejection was coming. 

"My Queen, we are home." My first hand says as the ship slides carefully and perfectly into the portside dock. "My Queen?"

"Yes I heard you Adam." I tell him and I didn't have to turn to see his upset and confused look on his face. Such a formal title and yet I've never felt farther from who I was deep inside my soul. I have always survived everything, but would I make it through this court of beasts.  I turned to see a port full of rich and poor alike, all of these people craning to see their loved ones. It came as no shock or surprise to me to see everyone but my own loved ones. My brother was pulled for his treason and for murdering our father, my father died after ingesting a toxin, my mother had died from illness, my sister died at the hands of her lover. Now I was the only surviving child as well as the child that no cared much for until they became useful. Rumor had it our people wept when they heard I was girl and rejoiced when my brothers and younger sister were born. No one wanted me and judging by the fact that my own husband wasn't there to welcome me home he doesn't either.