IV

We all waited for battle the night that followrd being part of the frontlines would be my destiny. It was only minutes before my people moved into positions ready to attack the unsuspecting Germanic army as they would be crossing through a dense muddy forest. But before that forest would be my army of thousands strong and to both sides stood my navy with ships docked just out of their eyeshot. I was prepared to wager war against these unwanted criminals.

Little to mys surprise the king and queen that I had visited came to see me fight as if it war a sport. Not that I cared much. My black horse and my armor didn't make me different...my skill set did. Now as I stand before my brothers and sisters I wasn't sure what worda to say that would empower them.

"My brothers, today we stand and fight for all that we hold dear to our hearts. We stand together ready to show these barbarians that this...this land is our home!" I yelled and the crowds of men lifted their weapons and grunted or yelled in response. "Our forefathers were born on this land! Buried in this land! We were raised here! Our children will be raised here and no one will take that right from us!" The king looked surprised, Jaime not so much but definitely inspired. "I may not be a king but they will watch us as your queen conquers! I beg you! Stand with me now my brothers! Let us conquer!" I yelled and they were all rialled up ready to go.

"When you fall rise and rise again until lambs become lions." I heard my grandfather whisper to the king who eyed me in interest. "Let us not let our forefathers die for nothing! Let them not die in the lands where they wish to enslave us! There will be no peace for them there! Let us free them! Ero es becsulet!" I screamed as I raise my sword and they scream Strength and honor back at me.

"We're ready and moving into position." said my archer as she had her face paint on that helped her blend in more with our surroundings. Her forehead to her cheeks was smudged black and then faded into red. "What is our plan?"

"We need to cut off their oxygen and their legs." I explained and they all nodded their heads at me. "Then we crush them. We need to draw them out...are you're archers ready?" She nodded her head at me.

"At your disposal." she stated as she smiled at me. My war paint was all read around my faced except the line down my nose and the black triangles under my eyes and on my cheeks. They were filled in red with hand marks and where there was red the hand marks were black. "This is a new tactic...are you sure this is going to work?"

"Most definitely." I stated and they nodded and looked at me with some relief. "Let's put the fear of god in them." They nod at me as they ride off on their horses and I make sure that I'm in the right spot. I knew they were coming I could feel the ground shake and as I watched the pebbles on the road shake a bit. I let them cross the bridge and they charged straight up the mountain side and I gave them the que to move in.

Before the enemy knew it They were surrounded on all sides and I was right in the center of the action. Blood spewed everywhere and the blood of many was spilt. Swords clanked against one another, shields dragging against the ground or hitting the ground. Thuds of bodies falling and the bloody battle raged on until I spotted their kind about a half a mile away fighting mounted on a horse.

I looked at my friend and she nodded tossing me her bow and arrow. I had her protect me as I took the one shot.

There was a whisper of there is no way she could ever hit him from such a distance with one arrow and kill him. My, where they wrong I got into the perfect stance and I pulled back inhaling a deep gulp of air. My lungs burn as I hold onto it drawing the string back completely almost into my cheek. I aim for his eye before releasing the arrow and it seemed that the moment was just right because not a single thing stood between me and the king. The arrow had a clear path and before I could really process this I noticed the arrow fly through his eye and fall off his horse. A loud thud which couldn't be heard from a distance.