Fork, Please

"Mew honey, how was your summer break? Do you want the usual?" Asked the elderly lunch lady. "We have some new salads if you're interested."

"Hello Mrs. May, I was so sad I couldn't see you all summer but just seeing your beautiful smile is worth the wait." Mew flirted. He loved teasing the cafeteria lady she was 75 and always had a smile for Mew. She blushed like a school girl everytime he complimented her. "How was your summer vacation?"

"Oh you know, the husband and I went to Eygpt this summer." Mew listened patiently to Mrs. May as she told him all about her vacation, while she prepared a soup and salad for him.

"Here you go." she said handing him his food. "Now you behave yourself and don't go around making trouble and breaking all the girl's hearts." She chided.

"Mrs. May, you know the only girl for me is you, Just say the word and we'll run away together." Mew teased.

"Oh you," she blushed. "Off with you, I've got other people to feed." She shooed him away with a smile.

Before Mew could find a seat, a group of girls walked up to him.

"Hi, I'm Marissa. I was wondering if you would like to have lunch with us." a beautiful girl with long black hair stared at him. "These are my friends Sammy and Pawn."

"Hello, I'm Mew" Mew gave his best smile, he usually liked the attention but he had missed breakfast so he was hungry. He didn't feel like eating with a bunch of girls fawning and flirting with him. "I'm going to be eating lunch with a friend he should be here any second."

"Oh, that's okay he can join us too." She said softening her voice trying to use her best sexy voice.

Mew wanted to roll his eyes, all girls thought using a pouty sexy voice would make them more appealing but it only annoyed him. Trying his best not to sound as annoyed as he felt, he smiled. "I can't eat with you today but how about you give me your number and maybe we can have lunch together another day." He replied giving Marissa a wink.

"Umm, excuse me." Mew turned towards the voice. He was momentarily taken aback. In front of him stood a very tall pretty boy with black hair and light skin. "I just wanted-" said the boy.

"Oh I'm sorry I can't eat with you either. Plus I don't usually go out with guys."

Gulf stared at Mew confused and a little annoyed. "I just wanted--"

"I don't judge people's preferences but I'm just not into guys." Mew interrupted once again.

Huffing in annoyance Gulf gritted out. "I'm not sure what you're talking about but I just wanted to--"

"How about you give me your number and I'll consider calling you." Mew said winking.

Feed up and realizing this weirdo wasn't going to let him get a word in. Gulf started walking towards Mew.

"Hey, what are you doing?" Mew stepped back. Advancing forward Gulf stretched his arm out. "I just need." Gulf said in a low voice getting closer and closer to Mew.

"What?" Voice squeaking a bit Mew stepped back again bumping into a cart that was behind him.

Gulf was so close, a couple of inches closer and he would be kissing the conceded man, but he wanted to teach this dimwit a lesson. "I want..." Gulf whispered in a seductive voice.

"What do you want?" Mew gulped completely under the pretty boy's spell.

Extending his arm even farther out, Gulf reached behind Mew. "I just wanted a fork." He said, grabbing a fork and stepping back. "But you were blocking the cart and you wouldn't let me talk." The girls giggled and Mew's face flushed in embarrassment.

"Oh" clearing his throat. "Of course" he tried to continued on but the boy was already heading to his table. Completely forgetting about the girls and still holding his lunch. Mew sat at an empty table.

"Should I pretend I didn't see that?" Chuckled Kao sitting next to his embarrassed friend.

"Shut up" Mew mumbled looking at Kao. "Took you long enough to get here. Then you could have saved me the embarrassment."

"Nah, that was too funny. 'I'm sorry. I'm not into guys'." Mocked Kao. "The look on your face when he said he just wanted a fork.....priceless." Kao laughed his eyes starting to tear up. "Those girls are still checking you out. Why don't you repair your ego and ask one of those girls out." He said trying to catch his breath.

"Shut up, before I dump this food on your head." Still sulking Mew wondered. "Who is that guy anyways? Isn't he a little too pretty to be a guy and why the heck do I feel like I just got rejected."

"Your losing it, man." Kao said raising his eyebrows at his friend. "That's Gulf Kana he's in my morning class, he's nice but he kept hiccupping throughout the entire class and caused us to have extra homework."

Mew wasn't listening, an evil idea was starting to form in his head.

"Oh no, I know that look on your face." Kao knew his friend and he hated being rejected or made to feel like a fool. "Don't get any crazy ideas."

"What crazy idea?" Replied Mew trying to look innocent. "I just think its time to start trying new experiences..... you know, be more open minded."

"Oh crap, I think you're barking up the wrong tree."

"No worries, by the end of the semester. I'm going to have Gulf Kana so obsessed with me."

"Oh man here we go."

"He'll wish he hadn't traded me for a fork."

"He didn't trade you for a fork" said Kao exasperated.

"He'll wish he had asked for my number right then and there."

"Holy drama queen." Kao sighed "This is a bad idea. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"Don't worry Gulf is going to be mine by the end of the semester or my name isn't Mew Leon."