Chapter 4

Today was a day just like most others. Well, not %100. Today is actually different because it is Papyrus's birthday! He's just turned 18, and now he and Sans are moving into their own house. Paps is also having a birthday party in a few days once they move into their new house, so I've decided to buy him a present!

Once passing the barrier, I started looking for a store that had what I was looking for. As I was looking, I heard something.

'Is that, a crying child?'I looked around to find the source of the crying, and I noticed it was coming from a nearby alleyway.

I walked into the alley, and I saw a child about 9-10 years old with short brown hair wearing a purple and blue striped shirt.

'Is this, a Frisk? I don't remember making a Frisk in this Au. But then again, Aus can evolve as time goes on, so she could have been naturally created by the Au it's self...'

...

I watched the child for a minute, trying to decide if I wanted to consult them or walk away. After a while, I decided to say something. "Hey..."I started, as the child jolted up, startled. They looked at me, as i continued, "are you okay....? What's wrong..?"

The child didn't seem to expect they, seeing as then I stated asking my question, they tensed up, as if someone was about to hit them. 'Gosh... this kid looks like she's been through hell and back.... I wonder what happened...'

"W-why would you w-want to know?" They stuttered, Their voice filled with FEAR....

"Sorry.... It's just... it's not really that normal to see a kiddo crying in an alley way.... Do you.. have a parent of guardian..? Or...."I'm kinda worried. I mean, they're just a kid, and their HP seems to be low...

*You used CHECK*

*Frisk*

LV 1

HP 5/20

AT +2

DF 0

EXP 0

NEXT 100

ME 3/100

Weapon : broken stick - it seems like a small stick that was broken in half. It's now just a half-Stick 0 AT

Armor : old bandage - seems like it's been covering an old wound for awhile. 0 DF

Current soul trait : AMBIVALENCE

[A/N-Determination and Fear]

*abandoned by parents/guardians for trying to befriend monsters and practicing soul magic*

*is scared of what you might do to them*

^gasp^[A/N-idk how to spell what a gasp would sound like so I'm just writing this for now...]

'I-I don't know what to say...'

After about a minute or two, I decided to sit down. Frisked jumped when I sat next to them. After a few seconds of silence, I grabbed a monster candy out of my inventory, and handed it to Frisk. "This is a monster candy... it should heal you so, take it.... Or don't if you don't want to..."

The kiddo hesitantly took the candy, looking at me with suspicion in their eyes. Slowly, they unwrapped the candy and popped it into their mouth. After a few seconds, small bruises had started to disappear.

"T-thank you..." whispered the child.

I smiled softly. "It's no problem!"

...

"Would you.... Like to stay with me for a while...? You seem like you don't have anywhere to go, and I don't want to just leave you here on your own.... It's alright if you don't want to come with me... only if you want..."

The kid seemed shocked, judging by the fact the tensed up slightly and quietly gasped.

"I-I...." All of a sudden, I heard small sobs coming from the small child. "T-Thank you!"

I smiled. "Heh, it's no problem..."

I stood up, the kid following my motion. I offered my hand, and they accepted. Together we walked to the barrier, not knowing this seemingly temporary home for Frisk would last for the rest of their life, as a few months later, after we gaining each-others trust, I decided to adopt the child, which they gratefully agreed to.

What could possibly go wrong?

"Heh, I think you spoke too soon, my dear child..."

*you are filled with KINDNESS*

*HP fully restored*

————————————————————————————————————————————————

Hello! I hope you all are enjoying this story so far! I'm not going to be able to post chapters much, or they are going to be obviously rushed, due to homework and sports. This story is a work in progress and not even I know how it's going to end, heh, and I'm probably not going to have much time to write over our winter break, but I have some idea on where this story is going to go, but if anyone wants to see anything please let me know! And if I use any ideas you give me I will do my best to give credit! If I forget to give credit for anything please let me know!

I hope you all have an outstanding day/night! ^w^