021

Lucius Malfoy walked into the hospital wing. He saw his youngest daughter there and sighed. "What has happened?" He asked.

Alexia shrugged. She looked to him. "I don't know. I remember she shouted at me. I turned and walked away."

"Why did she shout at you?" Lucius asked as he sat down.

Narcissa was away. And Lucius didn't know where she was. But he was annoyed that she wasn't there for their daughter.

The door opened and Albus walked in. Lucius loomed to him. "What has happened to my daughter? She is lying in a hospital bed. And I demand answers."

"She has been poisoned Lucius. She will be okay. Severus got here right on time. But we are now looking into who poisoned her. I know it isn't easy. But it will be okay."

Alexia wiped away some tears. She looked to her father. "She had been acting odd all day. She shouted at me for telling her that you were coming to see her."

Lucius frowned. He knew Lacey wasn't well as she never shouted. Especially not at Alexia. He looked to her. "I will find out what happened. I promise."

***
Severus walked into the hospital wing. He saw Lacey lying there and sighed. "Has there been any news?" He asked.

Alexia shook her head. "She's just lying there. Is she dead?"

"No you silly girl. She isn't dead. She is just being lazy. She will wake up. She's just tired no doubt from the poison. Do you really think that little of me that I would let her die?" Severus said.

"Sorry."

***
It was a few days later when Lacey walked into the great hall. She saw Severus looking at her. She sat down next to Alexia. "Hey. I'm sorry for shouting at you."

"It's fine. Everyone shout at me. So don't worry about it," Alexia said as she looked to her.

Lacey pulled her close and held her. She knew how close she had come to dying. She was worried about who wanted to hurt her.

"Miss Malfoy. I need a word."

Lacey turned to see Severus there. She rolled her eyes as she stood up. She followed him out of the hall.

Lacey looked to him. She sighed. "What's wrong?" She asked as she placed a hand on her hip.

"I want you to know that we are not going to give up finding who did this. They will not get away with this. I promise you," Severus said as he placed a hand on her cheek.

Lacey smiled slightly. She leaned into his embrace. She looked to him. "You know that you mean something to me. I think I'm falling for you."

Severus looked to her. He couldn't believe what he was hearing. He knew how he had only loved one person in his life. And that was Lily Potter.

He had no words. Instead he turned and walked off. Lacey stood there and frowned. She didn't know what to do. She didn't know how feel.

***
Lacey was sitting in the common room. She didn't know what to do. She hated how she had told Severus how she felt.

But she knew he didn't feel the same. But would any of it change?