023

Lacey was determined to prove who had poisoned her. She knew it was something to do with the Weasley's. And she was going to prove it somehow. She just didn't know how.

She knew she and Severus had ended what they had. But she would be lying if she said she didn't miss him. She missed the way he would hold her after they had sex.

She wanted him back. But he was adamant they had to end things. He wanted to protect her. But she didn't feel protected. She felt like she was alone.

All she knew was that everything was just a complete mess. And she didn't know how much more she could cope with.

When she woke that morning, she walked down into the common room after having a quick shower. She saw Draco there. "What's going on?" She asked.

Draco sighed and looked to her. "It's mother. She wrote to us. She's in Salem. The letter self destructed after I read it. She says she loves you and Lex. She says we have to look out for each other," he told her.

Lacey sighed. She saw Alexia walking towards them. "Why do you look like you've been crying?" She asked as she looked to her brother and sister.

Lacey pulled her close. "Mother isn't coming back for a while. So it's just us three. Okay? Don't get upset. She's okay. She's just doing this for her own safety."

Alexia nodded. She looked to her. "I-I... I don't know. I'm not going to class today. I don't want the Weasley's looking at me," she told them.

Lacey frowned but Draco spoke. "They won't do anything to you. I promise," he said as he pulled her close.

***
Lacey walked along the corridor. She saw Severus and sighed. "Miss Malfoy. I would like a word," he said.

"I'm a little late for my class."

"Now."

Lacey rolled her eyes. She followed him into an empty classroom. "What's this about?" She asked as she looked to him.

Severus sighed. "Your father is making an appearance. He thinks you know where your mother is. He is going to interrogate you. If you know, I suggest you bring it to the back of your mind. Do not let him know that you know where she is."

"And how do you know I know where she is?" Lacey asked.

Severus rolled his eyes. "Your sister let it slip to me. Narcissa wrote to you. But the letter self destructed. You need to tell your sister she needs to keep her guard up."

Lacey rolled her eyes. "She has other things on her mind. Like the scumbag Weasley's doing something to her. She won't tell me what they've done to her."

"Have you considered she could be lying? To get attention?"

"She wouldn't."

***
The two oldest Malfoy siblings walked into Severus' office. Lucius was there. "Where is Alexia?" He asked as he looked to his children.

"She's doing her homework father," Draco said. Both him and Lacey agreed that Alexia would easily admit she knew where Narcissa was.

Lucius scoffed. "Incompetent fools. Cannot even do one thing properly," he spat.

Lacey rolled her eyes. She looked to her father. "If you must know father, she is doing her homework to make you proud. We don't know where mother is either. She abandoned us like she left you."

"Do not speak to me that way girl."

"You don't intimidate me."

Lacey turned and walked off. Unaware of how Lucius was about to make life a lot worse for his three children.