terrible ideas

The queen felt quite out of place. Men in green and gold surrounded her, finding the jewels atop her head very attractive. She sipped at the champagne in her hand, she felt bored and slightly uncomfortable. Where was her mother? She needed to discuss this war with the men, and soon. She noticed the gold crown towering over all the men's useless bodies. His pale fingers reached for her through the sea of desperation. Before she knew it, she was staring into the olive orbs that stared back at her, gliding along the quartz dance floor.

You stare blankly at Timothée. You didn't like him much, first impressions were everything, and so far you had gathered that he thought very highly of himself and well just seemed very 'I-am-better-than-anyone-and-deserve-everything'. Which you despised. You glance out at all the other dancers, all the women glare at you, whether they were on the floor or watching from a distance. Jealousy was such an ugly emotion. Timothée catches your eye and you look back at him, you tilt your head and keep your practiced monotone facial expression on.

"Do you ever smile?" He asks, pulling you along in this never ending dance. "Your face is always so boring, nothing pokes through."

"Good." You say dryly. "Rulers shouldn't show much emotion, it makes promises that words cannot, and shows weakness."

"Now aren't you a little ray of sunshine." He teases.

You refrain from scowling. "Hilarious." You snap back.

"Sorry, did I hit a nerve? Don't want you to appear weak." He taunts.

"You will never be the ruler your father was, you're foolish and a child." You spit, tightening your grip on his shoulder so he winces slightly. You weren't much better, engaging in his antics, but he was like a fly that would never disappear, and he needed to be squashed.

"Nor will you, you will never meet the standards your father left for you." He retorts, you had to admit, he had hit a nerve and his comment stung.

You press your lips into a thin line. "You sir, are a selfish, self loving prick, who thinks that he can do whatever he pleases just because he is handsome. You are an idiot who acts like he is a little boy who just got a new toy he can do what he pleases with. Peoples lives are in your hands, not your sister's dolls. You need to take action and care for your people, life beyond your castle gates looks miserable." You shake your head. "I pity your people."

He chuckles, "you think I'm handsome?" He spins you in a slow circle. You bend his fingers back, gaining another wince from this nuisance of a man.

Finally the song ends and you pull yourself away from the king. You walk away, and the man is immediately swarmed with needy women. You let out a long sigh from how exhausting he was. You felt sorry for his family. You make your way back towards the old king. "Fredrick," you stare at him. "May we speak in your office about political matters? Your wife and my mother should join us."

He smiles slightly at you. "We may."

You stand in Fredrick's office, jaw full of tension. "The North is planning to attack us in the near future and my people are scared. We need your support, we don't have enough resources to fight on our own. Please." You say. "I am asking you a favour as a friend."

"You know I would y/n, but I am no longer in charge, you must console my son." Fredrick say solemnly. "Guards! Somebody fetch my son." It takes a moment as a guard outdoors searches for the man, but there is scuffling and conversation outside of the big doors, meaning they had found him. The tipsy boy stumbles in, nearly tripping over his own feet. Irresponsible to get drunk at your own coronation. "May we lend our troupes to the West, son?" Fredrick asks. "They are in need of assistance, because the North plans to attack them soon."

"Dunno, what do I get in return?" He slurs.

"I will gladly spruce up your town, your poor townsfolk live in houses that will crumble when hit with wind." You say politely. "Please, your majesty. I cannot fathom to see my people injured." You say. "We will lend nurses and food, better shelters for them, whilst we clean up their homes." Timothée did not look impressed, you felt your hope dwindling. Chances of saving your kingdom was feeling low.

"Y/n," your mother starts. "Your uncle had a proposal, a proposal that he clued me into before we left."

You roll your eyes. "What was this said proposal about mother?"

"Well we have something that the South could use, and we need something from them so, what if we unite the two Kingdoms. Have them merge politically, but not physically." She smiles.

"I don't get it." Timothée complains. You nod in agreement.

"Well, your uncle suggested that we unite the royal families. In other words, we unite you two. You are both of age, and you both need someone to rule by your side." She rocks on her heals. "It would be beneficial for both you and your people, you would no longer need to bargain with each other when there would be nothing to ask for!"

"You mean-" you start.

Your mother nods. "He suggested you marry."

THE WHEELS ARE TURNINGGGGG

Hehehe

We'll see you next week, get food and water you beautiful beings

- E