sweet dreams

The queen pulled her night dress on, thrilled to finally be home. When she had finally agreed to marry the king, everyone was taken aback. Your mother had stared at you for a moment or two, before her face broke out into a smile, she thanked her daughter for understanding and hugged her. The Chalamet couple both smiled slightly. And Timothée...He gaped at her, for a long while before bursting out laughing. Then once he realized she was serious he collapsed. Just, fell, due to the shock. Your mother hugged you tight and whispered a thank you, however you could not ignore the rage and guilt building up inside you.

"Y/n my love." Your father smiles, his voice echos slightly as he stands before you in full white clothes.

"Father." You smile. "It is good to see you."

"Good to see you too my girl, I have missed you. How is life my dear? Treating you well I hope." He holds your hands.

"It is treating me fine." You smile slightly. "It has been rocky since you have left me."

"I'm sorry my daughter, you know I did not want to." He frowns.

"I know father. Please do not feel bad." You sigh.

He smiles and paces his hand on your cheek. "How was I blessed with such a beautiful daughter? I love you my daughter." He smiles. "You must be such a good leader."

"I am doing my best." You laugh nervously.

"Your best is more than we could ask for my girl." Your father kisses the top of your head.

"Thank you father but...Things have been rough lately. I don't know if I can do it father. I-I am doing my best but I can't do this. It is a heavy weight on my shoulders that is crushing me, and soon I won't be able to stand."

"My dear, you are strong and besides, diamonds are created under pressure, and if you are not a diamond than my eyes deceive me. I love you my dear, and you are ready. The kingdom needs you, and you need them. But in time the pressure fade once you get into the swing of things. I promise."

"I've been queen for three months and it's only gotten harder." You complain.

He smiles. "I know. But soon you will have someone to help you take on the stress."

You look at him, shocked by what he said. "What?" You blink at him.

"I've been watching over you, Jellybean. Your mother has given you off to the Chalamet boy." He crosses his arms over his chest. "Am I correct?"

"Yes. But I do not wish to marry him. I did it for mother, so she would feel like I was being taken care of. Lillian Chalamet also convinced me."

"Your mother can be a bit much sometimes, she means well though. Trust me, you'll appreciate the methods to her madness one day." He smiles.

"What do you mean?" The completely white landscape was beginning to fade. Your dream would end soon.

"The king is a pain, but so was his father at this age and look at him now. You may despise him but trust me my dear, you will grow to like him a lot. You will even sacrifice something for him in the long run." He holds out his hands.

You take them and frown. "I will never."

"My daughter," he says beginning to fade. "I have yet to be wrong with my predictions. Goodbye y/n, until I see you again. I love you."

He fades away and you snap awake.

———

"Your majesty, King Chalamet will arrive in an hour to discuss a battle plan." One of your maids call as you pull yourself out of the tub.

"Thank you." You say. Your dream was bothering you. What did your father mean by sacrifice something? And that you'd grow to like him? You tie up your robe and step into your bedroom. The maids have prepared an outfit for you, a white bodice corset and light blue slacks. She had planned on showing Timothée their cavalry. He was bringing his troupes so the groups could train together. You were good at fighting, you knew how to shoot an arrow and were very good with sword play, since your father had you fencing since you were six. You tie up your hair and pull on your boots, your crown fastened in your hair. The maids bow to you and leave. You stare at yourself in the mirror. You liked looking like this. No makeup your hair not precisely put together. And you were wearing slacks, what wasn't there to love? You walk outside to where your troupes were putting on their training outfits. They all gawk at you. Yes boys, you were wearing pants. You walk past the men, and into the equipment room. You sling a sheath of arrows and a bow over your shoulder and grip a sword in your hands. You brief your crew on the matters before them. How they would train with the cavalry from the South, how they would be in the presence of the king and to not embarrass the West. Carriages pull up in the court yard and you walk to great the group. One royal carriage and two thick steal carriages lay before you. You fastened to sword into the sheath and held out your bag full of arm bands. The men in green and gold stared at and your slacks before grabbing a band and putting it on their bicep. The band was light blue with the West's seal in white. The seal was a detailed bow, with an arrow that pointed west just as it would on a compass. You frown at the king as he steps out.

"Right then, so you must train your troupes?" You ask as you walk together, you turn the overly expensive engagement ring on your finger.

"No?" He says, slightly confused.

You face palm. Of course not. "And you didn't bring the man who does?"

"No, you said bring the cavalry, so I did." He shrugs.

"Usually that means the man who teaches them to do the whole cavalry thing!" You say in disbelief. "Whatever, guess I'm training them." You say with an eye roll.

"You!?" He gapes at you as you approach the cluster of boys.

"Yes Timothée." You sigh. "My father used to, naturally it was passed down to me."

"But...you're a girl."

You whip your hand across his face. "Don't talk to a queen like that. Especially while in my kingdom." The troupes chuckle and let out a few whistles. Timothée scowls and clutches his face.. "Right then," you stand in front of them, projecting your voice so the whole group could hear you. "I thank you all for coming out to help my people. Alright, I need swordsmen on the right and archers on the left." Swords were used for close combat and archers were used for long range. The men split up and you stare at the two groups. "I'll take swordsmen you'll take the archers, okay?"

"What? I don't do that." Timothée chuckles.

"Why am I not surprised." You sigh.

"And you do do that?" He puts his hands on his hips.

"Yes? I've been fencing since I was six and doing archery since I was eleven. I know how to do that." You sigh, "I suppose this means that you do not fight along your people." You stare at the groups. "Archers, I've set targets out, some close, some far. All ranging in sizes. Every arrow you miss, you run a lap of the courtyard. Swordsmen you must spar using the wooden swords. If you loose to your partner, you run a lap. You go until I say stop." You nod and they all run for the weapons room. You turn to Timothée. "Let's teach you to fight."

Ty for reading homies love you all

Drink food and eat water, you're all gorgeous (obvi cuz Timmy's down bad)