unspoken peace

The week passes. Battle was today. The queen was mortified and hadn't gotten a wink of sleep. The queen was afraid, and she wanted it to all be over. What if it all went terribly wrong? What if they lost? She sat on her bed and stared at the wall, worry eating her up inside. The queen was called down. The fear was horrible.

Clinking, banging, screaming, and shouting. War was a nasty thing. You fight to keep your sword up under the pressure of a man's sword baring down on you. Grunts slip through your bared teeth, yes you had the skill but strength was also important. This man was stronger. Until the wait is gone and there's a blade in his side. Familiar faces were always adored on the battle field. Jess pulls her blade back. The man crumples to the ground. You thank her and move on, she disappears quickly. There was no stopping in the world of attacks. Arrows fly, swords clank, people shout. People cry. You push forwards. Crimson splashes against the iron. You wipe it from your face. Bloodshed. It was not right. You did it anyways though, for the sake of your kingdom. Someone swings at you, the bottom of their sword hits you in the nose. Your blood mixes with the blood of others. Your blade cuts cleanly through their skin and they fall to the ground.

Any fear you had felt? Gone. There was no room for emotion. You fought forwards, slitting throats, finding chinks in their armour. It was a skill really.

You're met with the back of a large man, he's towering over one of your people. You find the chink in his armour and send him to the ground. You're met with thankful green eyes.

You stand beside Timothée, he too has red splashed over him. Standing in a ready position you survey the field, looking for any immediate threats. Your eyes widen. Timothée doesn't notice him. You do. An archer in the trees, arrowhead pointed right at the man by your side. The arrow is pulled back. Quick decisions. Make them as quickly as you could. No emotions. That's what you had been taught and what you had bestowed to though who learned from you.

No emotions. Quick decisions, that's what was critical, and yet you were indecisive. But in this moment as the man let the arrow fly you knew exactly what you were going to do. Fast choices, the fast choice you made. You slide over in a fraction of a second. You let emotions control your decisions, not logic.

It showed as the arrowhead slipped through the chink in your armour, tearing through the strap, burying itself in your skin.

You step back into Timothée. You steady yourself, not fazed. Only to get hit in the other shoulder. It splits he other strap. Fear. Your chest plate falls.

You're pierced with arrow heads. You just stare at the man firing them at you, he looks proud. He had just hit the queen. Two lodge in your right ribs, one in your left, two in your stomach. You can't move. A final arrow is let go and buried itself in the centre of your chest.

Someone shouts at you from somewhere. The world is spinning on a top. You giggle slightly, you were losing a lot of blood. You could tell from the funny red paint on your hands. You wobble, why did you fell so light headed? Why did everything hurt? Why was the handsome brunette man all wiggly looking? You reach out to touch his funny face and instead you grasp the blue sky. You hit the ground hard. You lay there for a moment before closing your eyes.

A nap sounded nice right about now.

——

Your body ached, your torso and shoulders were in so much pain. You pry your eyes open and stare at fluorescent lights. You do a quick double take. What? Hospital lights, were you? But that meant...You pull up the sheets and stare at the cotton sheets. Your shoulders burn from the sudden movement. Your left hand grasps the scratchy blankets, your right is encased in warmth. You turn your head to your right. Timothée's head lays lays cradled by one of his arms. He's slouched over in a chair, head on the edge of the bed. His other hand is grasping yours. His crown is wonky on his messy curls, totally off centre. You stare at him, flushing. The man looked exhausted, dark circles under his eyes. He's got his hands bandaged up and his chin is bruised like it got hit by the butt of a sword. He's got cuts and bruises here and there but nothing major. You squeeze Timothée's hand weekly and he snaps awake.

He readjusts his crown and smiles at you. Something new is in his beautiful green eyes. You liked it. "You're awake." He says, sounding shocked.

"It would appear so." You rasp. He just stares at you. "You know it's rude to stare." Your voice is scratchy and barely there. You sound like you screamed your heart out at a concert.

His cheeks brighten slightly. "I'm just relieved you're okay." He smiles.

"How long have I..." You look at the heart monitor behind him.

"Mm, about six days. You hit your head really hard." He chews on his thumb nail. You raise your eyebrows and widen your eyes. Shit.

You swallow hard, okay, new question. "And how long have you been here?"

His cheeks flush. He clears his throat, "um, you know your mom wanted to see you when you woke up." He jabs his thumb in the direction of the door. And then he disappears.

Your mother arrives smiling happily, tears falling down her cheeks. "Oh my dear! You're okay! I don't know what I would have done if I lost you, but you're okay." She sniffles.

"I'm okay." You agree.

"Six whole days, oh my dear. Six long days, and that pour boy! Two days he never rested out on that field. After that he came down here and never left your side. Four days and he refused to leave you, even when they did check ups with him he didn't leave because he was afraid something bad could have happened." She shakes her head. "Young boys in love. Anyways, we won, the North agreed to back off."

"That's great Mummy." You say, still confused about what she said before.

"Well, I better let people visit you, get better my girl." She leaves. People come in and out to talk to you, the Chalamets, Cloe, your maids even.

And then Timothée is back, with a basket. You must admit you're quite curious what the contents could be. Timothée sits on the end of the bed and crosses his legs. He puts his crown beside him. "Okay, so I have some things for you." He opens up the wicker basket. "My sister as got your kitty taken care of, I've also got some things here. We got this little guy." He pulls the worn, little puppy stuffed animal you had gotten from your father for your third birthday. You hold Puppy to your chest. "I brought you some little candies." He spills them out onto the little pop-up table that hangs over your lap. "And I brought games so you don't get bored!" He beams at the basket and wiggles as he dramatically pulls out a deck of Uno cards. "I'm undefeated in my family so I think I'm gonna be pretty hard to beat." He shuffles the card deck.

You smile.

Hehe I hope you liked this chapter, idk how I feel abt the fight scene 😭I wasn't sure how to write it but idk I'm kinda alright with how choppy and kinda messy. Yah anywho I hope this has been 'slow burn' enough for ya'll bc things are gonna get hot REAL soon Okay ily guysEat food and drink water See ya next time my pretties I'll try to make the next chapter fairly long bc it'll b really important I'm sorry ab the gif thing acting up againOkay byeee- E