Gluttony

Billy slipped into his hidey hole in the abandoned building with his belongings. He had to rent a place of his own but that could wait. Locking up the Seven Sins was more important.

The past weeks with Diana were wonderful but they couldn't last. She's really more like a mom to him than an aunt. But she's an Amazon. Men, and by extension, boys, were not allowed to set foot on her real home.

He missed her already.
He had no choice. The Seven Sins could seize control of both Cap and Wonder Woman if he ever had to power up in her presence. He couldn't take that risk.

Wiping the tears of his cheeks, he hugged Tawny and snuggled up on his broken and stained old mattress.

Knock knock knock

"Billy, may I come in?"
It was Clark.

"Sure."

A mild mannered bespectacled man in a light blue long sleeve shirt, deep blue tie and grey trousers walked into Billy's hidey hole. He was carrying an enormous bag full of his mom's cooking."

"Ma cooked too much and didn't want the food to go to waste," the big man gave him a sheepish smile.

Never one to turn down free food, especially the amazing home cooked food the Kents were famous for, Billy grinned up at the man.
"Thanks! I appreciate it."

The unsure look on the reporter's face said there was another reason for this visit.
"But I don't think that's what you're here for."

"Diana asked me to check on you. She's worried, you know," Clark smiled gently at him.

"It's okay. I've been taking care of myself for as long as I can remember,"shrugged Billy.

"Seriously. What happened between you and Diana?"

"Me and Diana - nothing.
Cap and Diana - the seven deadly enemies of men almost took control of both of us," Billy shuddered.

"Anything I can do to help?" The big man tilted his head.

"Not really. Just be very careful yourself. They're bound to target you too. The worst thing is you may not even notice when you're under attack."

That was his biggest worry. If the Sins got hold of the Man of Steel...

"If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here," a large hand gave his shoulder a gentle squeeze.

"I know. Thanks," warmth bloomed in Billy's heart at his buddy's concern.

Clark's mobile sounded.
"Perry wants me in his office now."

"Go," beamed Billy as Clark took off.

His stomach growled having gone without a bite since leaving Diana's. Carefully, he opened the first plastic takeaway box.

Ma Kent's roast chicken. It was still warm. The fragrance was divine.

The next container was packed with potatoes and gravy.

The third was packed with ice cream that was already melting.
Chocolate fudge vanilla swirl!
Drooling, he savoured every spoonful of it.

Clark's portions were generous.

There was enough chicken to feed a family of ten and enough mash potatoes with gravy to complement it.

While he lived comfortably in the Watchtower, his neighbors didn't have enough food to feed their children. He made a mental note to give some to fellow residents in the abandoned building.

For now, he'd tend to his hunger, then he'd have enough strength to help others.  There's plenty of food to go around.

Billy sank his teeth into the tender meat, relishing its amazing taste

Billy sank his teeth into the tender meat, relishing its amazing taste. He marvelled at how well the potatoes went with the chicken.

Burp.

His empty belly was filled but he had room for more.

Lots more.

He should bring the rest around to share with his neighbors who didn't have enough to eat.

That could wait.  The delicious aroma that filled his room distracted him.

Yummy scent of still warm roast beef and sausages and freshly made biscuits wafted temptingly.

He could eat everything before it turned cold. After all, Clark packed all this just for him.

It's too delicious.
Just one more bite.

He couldn't resist a slice of roast beef even though his stomach protested.

Then another.

The huge bag of food was rapidly shrinking.

Billy felt like he was about to puke.

Dread pooled in his heart him when he realized he couldn't stop himself.

The roast beef and biscuits were gone.

His hand had a mind of its own as it shoved spoonfuls of lasagne into his waiting open mouth. He felt like throwing up. Horror gripped him when he found himself unable to keep his mouth shut.

Gluttony!
He couldn't stop.

Struggling against the hold that Sin had on him, he fought to control himself.

"Shazam."

Lightning struck him.

An eerie wail made his skin crawl even as he was transformed into Captain Marvel.
A narrow escape.

A black glob with a hideous face snarled at The Captain.

Calling forth his lightning, Cap struck the creature. It vanished.

-------

Abra Kadabra got the loot and the applause he craved for in the town square of Central City.

Flash showed up but his hypnotic device forced Flash the clap for his performance. That let him slip out of Flash's grasp. His teleporter ensured his safe escape.

A former stage magician from the future rendered obsolete by Science,  he delighted in the audience and applause he engineered. He craved for attention but that wasn't enough. He wanted more. Fame. Fortune. Real applause, not involuntary claps forced by his hypnotic device.

"I can give you all that you want. I can give you real magic," whispered a voice.

"Who are you?" Abra Kadabra's heart leapt in both fright and excitement.

"An ancient entity more powerful than you can ever comprehend," the mesmerizing voice replied.

"What must I do?" The magician asked.

"Let me in," it whispered.

The black mist entered Abra Kadabra' open mouth, overwhelming him with power as the magician hungered for more. Much much more.