Departure

I sat in my psychologist's office, waiting impatiently for my ride. I kept my gaze low, not wanting to meet her stony emerald eyes. The staff was not happy with my antics. And while I was pissed that they weren't more angry with Thomas, I also didn't want their pity. I could see it now, hindsight is a bitch. They only cared about their reputation, and by having to kick me out, I was tarnishing that. Good, fuck them. I hoped Thomas rotted in here, and I hope his dick lost all function. That way, he could never repeat those acts on another person, children at that.

He just turned eighteen, only a couple years older than me, but when I thought about the six year difference between him and Akiko, I hoped his dick fell off; withering away. And it's the fact that Akiko wasn't the youngest patient here. There were a few kids, only about eight or nine. I never saw them much, since their group therapies never aligned with mine. It was only after Thomas went to the emergency room did I realize just who he preyed on, and he's lucky he's still there, because I'd be sending his ass to the hospital morgue next.

The minutes ticked by agonizingly slow. The only thing that kept me busy was picking at the gauze on my wrists. I had frayed both ends of the wrapping. They hadn't bothered to change it after the initial wrap, their priority became getting me the fuck off their property. Phone call after phone call commenced, and I was escorted to my room and supervised while I collected my things. When I'd exited the room for a final time, I caught sight of Akiko, who had been peering at me from behind her curtain. When our eyes locked, she gave me a small, pained smile. I remembered the knot that formed in my stomach as I was ushered away.

I resumed my fidgeting, successfully able to fray the wrapping to about an inch of freed string. It was at that point that I heard a commotion outside the office door. There was yelling and stomping, and immediately I knew who was on the other side. Straightening in my chair, I readied myself for the bitch session of a lifetime.

However, when the door swung open, her anger wasn't directed at me.

"Where is he?" She ground out, her whole body tightly wound like a taut spring - one wrong move and she'd pounce. Behind her was someone I knew far  too well. He was standing behind Shura, elbows locked in hers, pulling her back as she spat at the staff. "Where the fuck is that asshat?! I'll fucking kill him!"

My psychologist stood from her seat, behaving as though a crazed woman just hadn't kicked in her door. "Kirigakure-sama, I'm sorry we have to meet under these conditions, again."

"Can it, bitch! Where is the little fuck?" Shura struggled against my brother, but his hold was firm.

"Ma'am, I don't want to involve security. Please have a seat-"

Shura's fuchsia eyes sparkled dangerously, "fuck you, I'm not sitting down. I'm getting my kid the hell out of here."

"Your kid," I muttered as the lady reached for the phone that was stationed on her desk. I knew getting security up here would get hairy, especially with how pissed Shura was. She must've realized this, as well, because her eyes flashed to mine briefly.

"Grab your things, we're leaving." I did as I was told, grabbing the handle to my luggage and following them out the door. Shura shrugged my brother off, and without looking at me, my twin snatched the bag from my hands. I was about to complain, but thought against it. We hurried through the hallways, receiving a few side eyes as we rushed passed some patients. Shura beelined for the stairs, and I figured we'd beat the elevator with our pace.

After several flights, I saw the entrance to the hospital, something I hadn't seen in about a month. Relief flooded my veins as the cool evening air brushed against my skin.

It wasn't until we were halfway across the lot that Shura and my brother slowed down. I caught sight of Shura's sedan and a weight lifted off my shoulders, I was going home. We reached the trunk of her car, and she popped the key in and unlatched it. Without missing a beat, my twin placed my bag inside, closing the truck with a loud thud. There was an awkward silence for awhile, none of us really knowing what to do or say. Eventually, pink irises met my own, and an emotion I'm not sure I'd even seen on her glowed in her eyes. She took a step forward and I almost stumbled back in surprise, but she caught my elbow and yanked me into a hug before I could move.