Get Settled

This is ridiculous.

I stood there, taking off my gown as the man named Akihiko watched. What the fuck was this? It was so.... perverse. I shot him a glance and he gave me some comforting words. That this had to be done by everyone admitted to the psych ward. It was for my own safety. That this was strictly professional and not to worry about appearances. I ground my teeth and stared at myself in the mirror - my mirror I guess, as I hooked my thumbs under the waistband of my boxers. With a final sigh, I pulled them down to my ankles and tossed them to the side. Akihiko picked them up and checked the waistband, turning it around in his hands. "What are you doing?"

He never paused his assessment, "protocol. I'm just making sure there's nothing tucked in between seams." I had to hold back a groan. Again, who was prepared enough to do something like that, but then a thought occurred to me and it silenced my thoughts. He finished up and turned his eyes to me, my body burning under his gaze. I was naked in front of a stranger and I felt a blush creep onto my face. "I'll need your socks, too." I grunted and reached to rip those off my feet, as well. My bare feet hit the linoleum and I shivered. He did the same as he did with my boxers, shaking them out and checking the small elastic. I wonder if he was bored, he wouldn't find anything.

I sat uncomfortably, wrapping my tail around my midsection as a way of privacy. I stroked the small hairs that lay against it, the action not soothing me in the slightest.

He cleared his throat and I peered at him through my bangs, the redness on my cheeks burning down my neck and flushing my chest. "This is going to be a little uncomfortable, but I promise it'll only be a few minutes." I nodded and bit my lip. He instructed me to bend over and run my hands through my hair. I complied, my fingers catching in a few tangles and some dirt fluttered to the ground - no doubt from my numerous struggles back in the woods. He hummed and had me stand straight once again. He brought a small flashlight from his pocket and shined it in my ears, moving to my eyes. I had to resist the urge to blink as the bright light burned into my retina. He checked my nose and then asked me to open my mouth. I lifted my tongue, and he hummed again, taking a step back.

This wasn't so bad, seemed more like a regular physical than anything.

He asked me to lift both my arms and wiggle my fingers, and then lift my feet and proceed with my toes. All seemed well until he asked me to bend over once again. "Grab your rear and turn to the floor, away from me." My eyes nearly bugged and I laughed nervously. I mumbled to myself, asking just how necessary it was to humiliate me when I'd already proven that I didn't have anything on me. Nonetheless, I did what he asked, my face aflame as I stared at the linoleum. He never touched me, thankfully, but just having his eyes on my naked body felt violation enough.

After standing back up and, ahem moving some other body parts around, he cleared me and I sighed in relief. He gave me a warm smile and I couldn't seem to reciprocate with my own, not when he's seen more of myself than even I have. He stepped from the doorway and allowed me to dress myself, my blush not calming, even after I was decent.

I walked out after him and he gave me a few more pointer's about what was expected of me here, I sat down on my bed as I listened, feeling my exhaustion weigh heavy on my eyelids. He noted my appearance and told me to get some sleep, and that no one would come to wake me for breakfast today. I nodded and he left me with my thoughts.

I sighed heavily and plopped back on the pillow, rubbing my face. What a day. Everything that I had tried to keep from happening, and here I was, living the exact hell I'd thought about for some many nights before bed. I should've hid it better, should've been more convincing when Yukio saw. But no, I couldn't even do that for myself, so I was here, under the surveillance of those who'd watch my every move.